Do you have a military background ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Bond76

Bond76

NRU Member
2 May 2012
close to Hamburg
All you cocks out there...now that we play "war" day in day out....has anyone of you had a Military Background. Regardless if Standard duty, voluntarily, Profession etc.

I really wonder how many of you noobs have done what and which rank at which part of the Service personell and where have you been during that time....just out of curiosity...might bring up some interesting stories. :)

I was serving at Kajaani 2008, i was basic private of signal cocks... corps. Our unit trained take care of communication systems of command place and near terrain + guarding/defending of uncap. Sounds easy "good light job" but there was lots of hard stuff becouse our training lieutenants and captain who was leader of unit was very demanding. There was lots of carrying of heavy stuff from warehouses to truck and from truck to destination etc... Or if we got "mission" we have to go build radio mast somewhere 5km away middle of winter forest. And becouse "enemy is destroyed our vehicles" we had to skii there and carry parts of that radio mast, equipment and tools and shitload of cable coils + of course personal gears. After mast was ready we had to build cable line from mast to uncap. When we came back tired and annoyed little later somebody cock lieutenant goes with snowmobile sabotage cable line and we had to skii back find problem and fix line. :p Worst memories are from one combat training camp at north near east border, there was all time -25C whole 8 days.

There is million stories in that service time. And like you can guess i got couple times in trouble and lost my holidays becouse of my lack of interest and hot-tempered nature. ;) For example sleeping at guard shift and beating up other private becouse he punched me after some joking. Once i got enough bullshit from annoying rat like asshole corporal and lost my patience. I ripped his << badge from his chest, grabbed him from chin and thrusted that << badge in his mouth and said "You are nothing without that badge." :p Guy shamed that and did not tell to officers so i avoided punishment for that. :p

There is million stories but maybe i tell later couple best ones when i have time write. :p Here picture about night when private Heik got back home after last service day. I look so sharp and sober hihihi. ;)

Attachments

• TJ 0 juhlat.jpg
    TJ 0 juhlat.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited by a moderator:
I was serving at Kajaani 2008, i was basic private of signal cocks... corps. Our unit trained take care of communication systems of command place and near terrain + guarding/defending of uncap. Sounds easy "good light job" but there was lots of hard stuff becouse our training lieutenants and captain who was leader of unit was very demanding. There was lots of carrying of heavy stuff from warehouses to truck and from truck to destination etc... Or if we got "mission" we have to go build radio mast somewhere 5km away middle of winter forest. And becouse "enemy is destroyed our vehicles" we had to skii there and carry parts of that radio mast, equipment and tools and shitload of cable coils + of course personal gears. After mast was ready we had to build cable line from mast to uncap. When we came back tired and annoyed little later somebody cock lieutenant goes with snowmobile sabotage cable line and we had to skii back find problem and fix line. :p Worst memories are from one combat training camp at north near east border, there was all time -25C whole 8 days.

There is million stories in that service time. And like you can guess i got couple times in trouble and lost my holidays becouse of my lack of interest and hot-tempered nature. ;) For example sleeping at guard shift and beating up other private becouse he punched me after some joking. Once i got enough bullshit from annoying rat like asshole corporal and lost my patience. I ripped his << badge from his chest, grabbed him from chin and thrusted that << badge in his mouth and said "You are nothing without that badge." :p Guy shamed that and did not tell to officers so i avoided punishment for that. :p

There is million stories but maybe i tell later couple best ones when i have time write. :p Here picture about night when private Heik got home after last service day. ;)

LOL....I am missing the "Born to Kill" Helmet in this Picture ....

I found couple Model 05 uniform pics where im just arrived home spend weekend holiday or gonna drive back to barracks at sunday night. :p

Attachments

• M05 lähikuva.jpg
    M05 lähikuva.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 17
  • ATT000014.jpg
    ATT000014.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 17
Yup, I have done my two year National service in the South African Army as a 81mm morterist, we also had to attend training (refreshing and updating) camps for the next 10 years after National service, I was part of a mechacnised Brigade. It is like Heik say...millions of stories to tell.

Re : Do you have a military background ?

Yep ! That's my usual background. But it's more often this one ! :)

And you Mr Bond, except the MI6 and all your exploits in movies, what was yours !?

I spent 2 years "under the flags", as we say here, 1 hour in train far from my home. It was for the Military Police Force (Gendarmerie), the blue one, the same as you can see on French motorways when you come here !
But I've stayed in an Instruction Center that was also a law enforcement training center where it was more funny, easier to get rank and less risky !
I have to teach each month a new 30 young recruits how to walk and behave as a good military man (making his bed, shiny shoes, shaving, saluting, ranks, ...) !
I had to be a bad sergeant the first 2 weeks to make them cry and become nicer and nicer so all the squad pay me a drink (30 beers !) at the end of the month !
I have to manage their administrative folder, reporting marks and appreciations.
I could give them some lessons about specific Military Police missions as stoping a car and checking the papers or transferring a prisoner.
I could shot 30-50 bullets each month, mostly with Beretta M9 and sometimes with FAMAS, have to prepare guns, blank ammos, food, buses and trucks to have a training war out the base once a month !
I could also give some car, truck and bus driving lessons with double commands vehicles.
And I could give some first aid and team first aid lessons and certified about 60 first aiders and 10 teammate first aiders.

That was a good time even if I got declared unabled to have a carreer because of some asthma, as my first wish !
But I don't regret because I would have to pull out my brain in the rack, to get my helmet on and obey all orders, even the one coming from the Ministry

Me: Nope. Military not for me but I appreciate those that serve their country and the guts it takes to do that. Those that served in older campaigns must have been incredibly brave to follow orders.

Just recently found out that my wife's uncle was a spy for the British in Germany during ww2 though. Her dad was in the navy but spent most of the war in the USA! my uncle was in the navy on the D-Day landings but my dad wasn't old enough. I suspect I would be more an IT or technical role.

Based on my BF flying skills I could also see the airforce being my calling. :)

Just remember one funny happening about these saluting things etc looking good soldier. Once at one training camp i was leaving from our tent and walking from forest to old school building what was command place and sleeping place of officers. It was my time go do my radio phone and air radar warning surveillance shift and i was smoking while walking. It was spring night i forgot my gloves to tent so i was warming my hand keeping them in pockets and smoking when i met our captain. He was so far i thought it was not neccessary salute and he came complain about my not sharp way of being soldier. "Explain me why in fuck you slouch and smoke and dont salute?" I said "Mr captain if enemy sniper sees i salute you he knows shoot you and this im not very sharp looking soldier is giving enemy scouts wrong information. They think we are not very good and then they get pwned when they underestimate us." :rolleyes: Captain was like "LOL ok go continue what you was going to do." ;) I quite often saved my butt with that i could make people laugh and they let me go without bigger problems. :D

In Finland its law you have to go to army, civil service or prison (if you refuse serving in army or civil service) when you are adult. If you dont go to army its here pretty much life sentence of being called pussy. :D About 80% of guys takes army and serves 6, 9 or 12 months. That time depends about your training. Basic privates serves 6 months, special guys 9 months and corporals and second lieutenants 12 months. My left knee got whacked half year before i went in service and i was B health class soldier becouse of that but i did everything just like A health class guys. I needed fapload of painkillers some days but i survived quite well, some other guys had worse physical condition and someones had softer mind... In first month lots of guys quited for different reasons, most common was that "too soft head". For example after week at winter forest and sleeping 1-2 hours per night one guy got total mental breakdown becouse of endless being tired and cold. He did hit himself to knee with axe becouse he wanted so much get inside warm and sleep and quit service... Good that poor guy did nothing worse for example shooting himself at gun range or something like that.

There is also military refresher courses but when i was served my time i promised to myself im never going back in peace time. I need only send they my diagnosis list and receipts and i bet they dont want me back anymore becouse i have insanity medication and i suffer stuff like depression, OCD, insomnia, flashback nightmares, problems with alcohol etc. I had them when i was serving too but i got diagnosis and medication later 2011. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, 17 years ago Netherlands abolished national service. I stiil have a note of the ministry of defence that I should be worried for getting called to service untill i reach the age of 35 (9 months to go). So i was actually in the first year in not getting called to service. If i was born a year earlier... But not that I mind, Im pacifistic as hell. Make love. Not war. Wear gimp-suit instead of military clothes. At haloween. Duh.

AW: Do you have a military background ?

well i was 2 Years Soldier at Germany, i was at Bayreuth and Calw. Well nothing more to say about that.

i was "only" a zivi :D no clue what it called in english lol

I proceed on the assumption that “conscientious objector” is the English word for “Zivi” (abbreviation for “Zivildienstleistender”). :)

Conscientious objector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Zivildienst - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When the Zivildienst was suspended three years ago, it became clear that the Zivis made up a decisive part of the German social safety net fulfilling their duties in hospitals, facilities for the handicapped, retirement homes and youth centres.

Social service organizations were struggling very hard to compensate for the disappearance of the young men who had been a constituent part of the social network and health care system for many years.

Re : Re: Do you have a military background ?

If you dont go to army its here pretty much life sentence of being called pussy. :D

They will never know what's happening in shower rooms !!! They don't know the soap trick !!!.... Keep the secret Heikki !!!

So Psycho, have you picked up the soap !?...

Is that your cannon waxxzer !? So, you're also pacifist in game !...
1 cannon to take lifes and another one to give some !...
Holland has banned national service but they have legalized some usages (peace medicines !) ...
In France, national service is abolished too (too much expensive) ... but I'm a "bad" guy !...

As long as there will be silly, extremist, ... people in the World, I would carry on weapon usage in my family.
I won't show my other cheek if someone wants bad things to my family at home : I'll shoot first !
Weapons are not dangerous. You can only stuck your finger in the breech. Ammos are pretty much more !

Easier question than "What's first ? The hen or the egg !?" : "Violence or guns !?"

We had consciencious objectors too (almost everywhere I guess) but so insignificant and our social network, based on our taxes, is blowing up now !

Re: Re : Re: Do you have a military background ?

They will never know what's happening in shower rooms !!! They don't know the soap trick !!!.... Keep the secret Heikki !!!

I heard lots of guys got depressed when they realized they have small cocks after sharing showers room with me. "Here is cold..." :rolleyes:

We had to clean barracks every day 17.00-18.00. Everybody cleaned first their own room and then shared cleaning of public areas like toilets, halls etc. Once when guys of our room had to clean toilet of corporals and second lieutenant prospects we found unguarded toothbrush what was in cup. We saw tape on side of cup where was name of annoying corporal. It toothbrush was quite good for getting shit stripes cleaned from toilet seat. ;) Same asshole got also some pee in his canteen at one camp when he was sleeping. These canteens are dark green 1L plastic bottles so he could not see colour until it was too late. :welsh:

I was actually in the Navy, I think the best part of all the Forces :)
Had always been closer to the Sea than creeping somewhere in the mud.

Was actually a nice time and I decided to stay longer....but when I was about to leave with my ship for 4 month, I met my then girlfriend and reversed my signature for Extension.
So I stayed only roughly a year but had nice "cruise" with my ship to Caribbean, USA, Canada, Acores, Portugal....and I got paid very well for that. It was approx 2000 Marks vs someone in the Army at home in the cold with 500 Marks *lol*...

Here is a pic of my home on the seas...

She is now 20 years old and has seen a lot. She was the first german ship to sail for Enduring Freedin after 09/11, she was already 2 times leading ship for Operaation Atalanta and during that time she was part in freeing the Container vessel "Hansa Stavanger" and she was also picking up refugees in syrian Waters when the civil war just started there.

The Brandenburg is the class ship of this type (meaning first one of that series produced) and she has 3 sisters being Bayerm Schleswig Holstein and Mecklenburg Vorpommern.

LOL, think Need to dig out old pics from me wearing all White....that uniform was always nice in the sunny Areas....Navy uniforms but uniforms in General seem to attract ladies like the honey for the bear. Amazing, dont know what the reason for that is...

Attachments

• 11_Fregatte_BRANDENBURG.jpg
    11_Fregatte_BRANDENBURG.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 12
  • F215 Whv 2007-2.jpg
    F215 Whv 2007-2.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 12
  • 4539414_3d920d0405_m.jpg
    4539414_3d920d0405_m.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread