Cutting brass sheet

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
For the tank. I am building I want to make some smoke grenade launchers as the kit doesn’t have any. I have some thin brass sheet, about 0.5mm, to fabricate the mounting bracket and was wondering how you cut it. Are snips/scissors that jewellers would use, the best way and the file it to the required shape or use something like a Dremel with cutting blade or would a burr/grinding bit be more suitable?

Have searched and not found anything useful so was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

I would say that 0,5mm Can be cut with regular home scissors. Have no brass but aluminum cuts like paper

Nice strong kitchen scissors are even better than snips but watch out for the cut edges, they will be very sharp (y)

Thanks for that. We have a decent pair of kitchen scissors that are expendable so I will try them and blame you lot if they ruin them. 😁

Brass cant ruin stainless steel :) Ir blame chinese for the scissors :D

Try to use scissors that didnt come from the same place as the pliers ;)

Scissors did the trick. They were a bit big and clunky but were good for now. I will see if I can get some smaller ones for more intricate cuts. Waiting for the epoxy to set before carrying on but like the look so far. Didn't have any suitably sized tubing so mocked these up and will be useful to practice on. Thanks for the advice - it was really useful.

In the final picture below the cutting mat is A2 sized so that give you an idea of the size of this thing. May need to do the King Tiger next! :D

E8A1BEC5 00D6 4892 94AF 5665DA7E1975 059A835E CA61 46C9 9C85 A58EDF13C4A8 0765EEF1 A9DA 42AD 8694 15E7411255DF
94B078C3 29C1 42BB A295 0D4BD36C9625

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: We4re0ne
Next you're getting long hair, a beard and a lot of warts in your face and you'll drink lots of jack Daniels and you'll have a cool band named Motörhead.

Lol. Saw Mötorhead at the Hamersmith Odeon. Support band was Ok but went to get a pint from the bar. Lemmy was playing the slot machine! Eventually stopped playing just as the band went on stage.

Body customization Coming Soon™ :tbag:

(Just in case if somebody dont know that Coming Soon -thing yet, BF V had tank body customization almost 1,5 years "Coming soon" in Your Company menus. And when it finally arrived it was quite pathetic, just couple little details like shovels or sandbags here and there in most tanks.)

Users who are viewing this thread