Bird Pictures

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Yesterday was a busy day in the garden with loads of young birds around. Blackbirds, greenfinches, goldfinches, chaffinches, blue tits and so on all feeding their young. So it seemed to be a good time to get the camera out and get some pictures. By the time I got things ready (checking the battery, memory card, tripod and so on) it had got very quiet.

Then I noticed Mr Sparrowhawk on the fence. He ended up being there for about two hours before going. Whilst he was being a patient quite a few birds did arrive but there were enough around giving off alarm calls that on this occasion he didn't get anything.

A few more photos can be found at: https://www.flickr.com/gp/glenwilson/156ct6 Sparrowhawk 2017 16 small

I was actually 2m away from it today before it flew off but no camera :(

The other birds (also known as dinner) are not so jealous. :)

Reactions: lakaelo
After it perching there for a long time earlier in the week I set up a GoPro on time lapse to try and get some closer photos. And... got absolutely nothing. Today, suddenly noticed he was back and managed to get some with the DSLR. In case you are wondering, both legs a fine he just tends to perch with one leg and swaps if he is there for sometime with the occasional stretch as you can see.  GLE3510  GLE3501  GLE3490  GLE3489

Reactions: Teofild

Users who are viewing this thread