BF4 VoIP problem

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Riot_co

Riot_co

NRU Member
31 Jul 2021
Croatia
Hello,
maybe someone had the same problem. I game on a laptop and when i plug in my headphones I hear everything in them BUT the VOIP in game. Literaly the only thing still on laptop speakers is game voip. I guess the problem is VOIP out that does not change, but i didn't find the option in game to change VoIP output. Someone had similar experience?

roger thank you. It was odd, i never experienced it before, but i rarely use headphones too. Ty, ill just mute it on occasion, wife likes the french here and there :p (y)

Battlefield is a but iffy with audio. If I launch the game on speakers and switch to my headphones the VOIP will keep coming out of my speakers. In my experience, BF4 plays the VOIP on the default audio device selected when the game launches. If you change the default audio device while the game is running, VOIP will not switch.

In other words; to get the VOIP on your headphones, shut down the game, set your default audio device in Windows to your headphones and start the game again.

I use a little program called SoundSwitch to switch my audiodevice with a button (Because for some reason Windows still can't do this 😠), this also changes the default audio device. Works quite nicely :D

Reactions: Riot_co
Join us on Fridays, it’s fun :)
Yes maybe I'll give it a try some day if I'm not too shy 😊 then you'll be able to hear my beautiful french accent xD

It reminds me this video that our English teacher (from Ireland) showed us in class few years ago to laugh about us :LOL:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Yes maybe I'll give it a try some day if I'm not too shy 😊 then you'll be able to hear my beautiful french accent xD

It reminds me this video that our English teacher (from Ireland) showed us in class few years ago to laugh about us :LOL:

Cant be more annoying than a finnish person trying to pronounce english words. xD

See (or hear) you all on friday! ;)

Blugi AND Cocka joining us in voicechat?
200.gif

You two are more than welcome :D Accents or how good your English is doesn't matter to us right? :giggle:

Battlefield is a but iffy with audio. If I launch the game on speakers and switch to my headphones the VOIP will keep coming out of my speakers. In my experience, BF4 plays the VOIP on the default audio device selected when the game launches. If you change the default audio device while the game is running, VOIP will not switch.

In other words; to get the VOIP on your headphones, shut down the game, set your default audio device in Windows to your headphones and start the game again.

I use a little program called SoundSwitch to switch my audiodevice with a button (Because for some reason Windows still can't do this 😠), this also changes the default audio device. Works quite nicely :D
Wow thank you will try that, could be i always plug in mid game :ROFLMAO: will try tonight

Last edited:
I have the same issue but I'm not with a laptop
I hear everything in my headphones except le VoIP which uses my screen speakers
i didn't have this before the last windows update and since i hardly ever use VoIP because my mic is not working with bf4 i didn't try to fix it i just muted the speakers of the screen 🤷‍♂️
SPEAK TO dABBA. i HAD A SIMILAR ISSUE WHERE I COULD HEAR DISCORD IN HEAD SETS BUT GAME FROM MONITOR SPEAKERS, IT WAS A SIMPLE FIX
BLOODY caps,, sorry.. Speak to Dabba.

Users who are viewing this thread