Bannockburn

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
We went for a quick stroll at Bannockburn today. Threatened to rain but stayed dry if a little overcast. The Scots have fond memories of Bannockburn as the place where they (the Scots) beat us (the English) in a battle. This site isn't quite where the battle took place but isn't too far away. Bannockburn is near Stirling, Central Scotland in case you are wondering. Though this was an important battle I have three words for any Scots - Battle of Culloden!

The landscape pic is of the view from the memorial site. The second & third is of Robert The Bruce (who died aged 23) and final one is of a plaque.

The BBC did a documentary on the battle recently BBC Two - The Quest For Bannockburn, Day One which is worth a watch if you haven't seen it. May not be available in some countries though. Some of the photography clients I have are in this area and had their land investigated for the program which tries to find the real location of the battle.

Attachments

• Bannockburn (1 of 1).jpg
    Bannockburn (1 of 1).jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Bannockburn (2 of 4).jpg
    Bannockburn (2 of 4).jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Bannockburn (3 of 4).jpg
    Bannockburn (3 of 4).jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Bannockburn (6 of 1).jpg
    Bannockburn (6 of 1).jpg
    97 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Nice Pictures Glen and a bit of history there as well

I like the Panorama and Monochrome there my Favourite

Sorry but I do like Monochrome photos a lot :p
The effect on those clouds is Nice, is that done on camera or Photoshop
I think that Monochrome takes all those blemishes and imperfections out and enhances them, makes the picture more piece full tranquil in away (timeless)
Plus I've finished Scott kelby Digital photography part 1 and trying to use some of his advise in some of my more abstract photographs

Nice Pictures Glen and a bit of history there as well

The effect on those clouds is Nice, is that done on camera or Photoshop

Plus I've finished Scott kelby Digital photography part 1 and trying to use some of his advise in some of my more abstract photographs

That was and HDR photo initially to try and get some detail into anotherwise bland sky. 5 exposures at 2 stop intervals at f8. That showed some detail in the sky but because the clouds move you get some blurring. Merged them in Photoshop first then used Topaz Labs B/W effects to remove colour and add a tint. The clouds look a bit weird as a result and many will say it is wrong but if you as the person creating it likes it then that is the main thing!

The pano was three photos merged in Photoshop and tweeted in Topaz Adjust.

I've been rereading the Kelby books too. Never too old to learn and you can always learn something new no matter how long you have been doing something.

We are off to Dundee and Arbroath today, some castles and houses will be snapped along with a fresh fish supper!

Last edited:
i will see your 3 words and raise you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 word and 6 numbers for any englanders "18 september 2014"

i will see your 3 words and raise you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 word and 6 numbers for any englanders "18 september 2014"

:) At least all the patriotic Scots (Connery et al) won't be able to vote. Also, if the whole of the UK was given the chance to vote I think it would be a resounding Yes. What amazes me is that people believe what Alex has to say.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 12

Users who are viewing this thread