Audio Settings

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Raven

Raven

NRU Member
3 Apr 2019
Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone has any tips or can offer any help on this subject.

I play a lot with audio and its annoying when footsteps are drowned out by the stupid comments issued by the game (ie. flag D has been lost, there's an end of season sale at A, you know what I mean :) ) as they always seem to come at the worst time when I am stalking someone or listening for a reload or footsteps.

I have an Asus Xonar DX card with HyperX Revolver Headphones and my audio set to War Tapes, and was wondering if there was any way of disabling or even turning down the volume of the comments so I can concentrate on the actual in game sounds without the distracting comments.

Ray

unfortunately I don't think it' s possible to reduce the announcer's volume
me too I would like to reduce/disable it to hear better the sounds of the enemies but even by modifying the parameter file I didn't manage it

I've looked around for ages and cant seem to find anything useful.

The only thing I can think of is altering the cfg file but thats a bit drastic and I wouldnt know where to start

I've looked around for ages and cant seem to find anything useful.

The only thing I can think of is altering the cfg file but thats a bit drastic and I wouldnt know where to start
If you talk about the PROFSAVE_profile file I didn't find anything useful in it

GstAudio.AudioLanguage 0 ==> language
GstAudio.AudioQuality 1 ==> Automatically calculated by the game based on your hardware
GstAudio.CarRadio 0 ==> no idea
GstAudio.DialogueVolume 0.700000 ==> no idea, I tried with 0.7, 0.3 and 0.0 nothing changes
GstAudio.MicrophoneVolume 0.500000 ==> volume of your mic
GstAudio.MusicVolume 0.700000 ==> nothing has changed with my tests
GstAudio.SoundSystemSize 20 ==> Automatically calculated by the game based on your hardware
GstAudio.StereoMode 0 ==> stereo yes/no
GstAudio.VOIPVolume 1.000000 ==> volume VOIP
GstAudio.VOLanguage 0 ==> Voiceover language
GstAudio.VoipOn 0 ==> Enable/disable ingame voip
GstAudio.VoipVolumeReduce 0 ==> reduce game sound when someone talk
GstAudio.Volume 0.500000 ==> main volume
GstAudio.YourSoundSystem 2 ==> Speaker size (no idea what that means)

check the audio settings in game, the headphone, TV, wartapes all have diffrent levels for each shound. HIFI for instance has high dynamic rage. meaning quitet things are quited and loud things are really loud. try to find the best for your use. i like headphones. but i use speakers sometimes since its seems to normalize the volume alot

Windows sound also has setting that can add ambient effects and other settings. If the headset has separate drivers to create surround sound it might be possible to drop the centre volume down if the announcer is centre stage. Some of the other windows ambience settings may help to reduce the announcer prominence - there are uite a few options that may help but not cure.

Users who are viewing this thread