Admin Messages

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Biffie66

Biffie66

24 Nov 2016
Belgium
Have ? (@Glenn this means I have a question. ;);))
The welcome messages in foreign languages.
I think the dutch one is a bit wrong.
Last part about "mooi zijn".
Looked in the chat log but cannot find it.
Can you provide me the welcome message I can change it.

greetings
Biff

Have ? (@Glenn this means I have a question. ;);))
The welcome messages

@Biffie66 You could at least spell my name right! :LOL: It doesn't bother me too much:shifty:.
:p:D
:) Have it spelt like that so often now it is interchangeable.

At least it is the right name. So many times I have this conversation:

Person: Name?
Me: Glen
Person: Graham
Me: Glen
Person: Yes, Graham.
Me: OK then Graham!

I'll see if I can find where they are as I might have access but I will only look! There are others that can be blamed for changing and breaking!:)

:cry:Sorry Glen......:cry:

With so many people on here that don't have English as a first language I have become immune to spelling mistakes. There are better things to worry about than correcting spelling. :)

Is it this one:

Hello op onze server. Veel plezier, speel eerlijk en mooi zijn.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biffie66
When reading topic of Tools i think of some admins messages on server.
New message is about donating and get 4 weeks free slot.
But there are still messages on server when people can ask for free slots. Not pointing a finger to anybody of the Goodmins. ;)
It's a fact that when people donate (not all of them! ) they think the server rules don't reply on them.
I don't know if we get many donations from people that are not in the NRU community?
And will we get more donations for a 4 week slot?
Maybe it's a good idea to start a new post and discus about it.

Don't know if a crossed a line here, because I am a newby on NRU.
Just trying to write down my thoughts in the best English i know. :confused:

When reading topic of Tools i think of some admins messages on server.
New message is about donating and get 4 weeks free slot.
But there are still messages on server when people can ask for free slots. Not pointing a finger to anybody of the Goodmins. ;)
It's a fact that when people donate (not all of them! ) they think the server rules don't reply on them.
I don't know if we get many donations from people that are not in the NRU community?
And will we get more donations for a 4 week slot?
Maybe it's a good idea to start a new post and discus about it.

Don't know if a crossed a line here, because I am a newby on NRU.
Just trying to write down my thoughts in the best English i know. :confused:

Agree that no lines have been crossed. Being new has the advantage of having fresh and different ideas. It is always better to ask questions or make suggestions than to keep them to yourself. Sometimes a "silly" suggestion may lead to a very good idea.

you can see every donation in the menü above.
Donations | Noobs R Us

as you can see most of them are coming from NRU but also we get more and more from some regulars. even the HC clan asked me about my bank account because they don´t have paypal. no clue what they will sent but in my eyes this donation messages are working. and seriously, i never deleted anyone from the reserved slot list after 4 weeks. in my eyes its also a bit of being gracefull that some of the regulars are donating.

on the other hand i think only 1 or 2 guys really asked about a free slot without any donation.

however, we can handle it like we want and change it in any way. just make some suggestions.

Should be
Hello op onze server. Veel plezier, speel eerlijk en wees vriendelijk voor elkaar.

"en mooi zijn" means gets some lipstick on or dress up nice.

Have a look at the message and just now i have seen another word that could be replaced. :cry:
Should be "Welkom op onze server. Veel plezier, speel eerlijk en wees vriendelijk voor elkaar."

Sorry for the late info. :love::love:

Users who are viewing this thread