BF2 Servers Shutting Down

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
samoz83

samoz83

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
London, UK
Due to the GameSpy service shutdown
The decisions to retire older EA games are never easy. The development teams and operational staff pour their hearts into these games almost as much as the customers playing them and it is hard to see one retired. But as games get replaced with newer titles, the number of players still enjoying the older games dwindles to a level -- typically fewer than 1% of all peak online players across all EA titles -- where it’s no longer feasible to continue the behind-the-scenes work involved with keeping these games up and running. We would rather our hard-working engineering and IT staff focus on keeping a positive experience for the other 99% of customers playing our more popular games. We hope you have gotten many hours of enjoyment out of the games and we appreciate your ongoing patronage.

June 30th, 2014 -- Online Services Shutdown

• Battlefield 1942 for PC and Mac (including The Road to Rome and Secret Weapons of WW2 expansions)
  • Battlefield 2 for PC (including Special Forces expansion)
  • Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for PlayStation 2
  • Battlefield 2142 for PC and Mac (including Northern Strike expansion)
  • Battlefield Vietnam for PC
  • Bejeweled (r) 2 for the Wii
  • Bulletstorm for PlayStation 3
  • Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars for PC and Mac (including Kane's Wrath expansion)
  • Command & Conquer: Generals for PC and Mac (including Zero Hour expansion)
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 for PC and Mac
  • Crysis 2 for PC
  • Crysis for PC
  • Crysis Wars for PC
Source: Service Updates

Though EA have stated on their Twitter "We're working on transitioning those games after the shut down so you'll still be able to play them," (those games BF2, BC2 and BF2142)

do they only shut down the gamespy-service.......i have never used gamespy before

what does it means for bf2 without gamespy????
hope not they shutdown the whole bf2......

Bf2 uses the GameSpy service, apparently EA is looking to replace it..... Hopefully

Bf2 uses the GameSpy service, apparently EA is looking to replace it..... Hopefully

oh did the day came we all were afraid off ? hopefully there will be a rplacement ?

i mean we will be able to run our servers unranked but all those peeps dont want to play unranked i think it would be the end

... theyre trying to replace it soooo pray that theyre able to ...

The server browser won't work either only direct join via ip

ffs. is there someway we can broadcast the IP to all our regular players so they know what to use to join in on the game, personally rank doesnt mean anything to me and im confident most of our regular players feel exactly the same way, so if we can enlighten them by telling them about the shutdown date and supply them with the IP so they can join us when were playing via ip direct connection (wich im certain a lot will do if given the chance)

Or do we close all servers as a result of this ?

oh did the day came we all were afraid off ? hopefully there will be a rplacement ?

i mean we will be able to run our servers unranked but all those peeps dont want to play unranked i think it would be the end

... theyre trying to replace it soooo pray that theyre able to ...

personally i think we have gathered a fairly large crowd on our servers who just plays for the fun so i think we should still be able to amass enough players to run the games like we usually do.

Thank you, samoz, for informing us.
Yet, I am at a loss for words, appalled and sad.

I do hope that a solution can be found which enables us to play on in the months to come.

the info that gamespy was closing down there server services and with that close down some "old" games comes out some month back. theoretical that means all that games on the list above are will be closed at 30th june. first announced date was 30th may.

the positive site is that EA also said that they are looking at a solution still running some of this old games. possibly over origin or something else. but we have to wait what will happened now.

I don't understand. If EA manages to keep BF2 alive, then will the servers still be shut down? If so, why?

because gamespy has your acount and the loginserver.
if you cant login on the loginserver with your acount you cant play online.

lets wait what happened. i think it will not come to a close down from bf2. its still a big community in that games and so also a big potential to get all this player into the "new way" to play that game. just hope EA realise a way to get this into origin in some way. this should also be a interesting solution in commercial way for EA to get all this "old" gamer into the new platform and maybe bring them to newer games. If not EA will see this chance some other extern publisher will see that and try to support that games.

so we will see what happend in the next weeks.

but to be fair. bf2 is released in 2005 so it runs nearly 10 years now and we all know that the time would come that such a old game will close down.

AW: BF2 Servers Shutting Down

Ich habe kaum etwas verstanden,,,,kein BF2 mehr ?
Das darf nicht sein....
Ist noch Hoffnung ?
I hope..

Users who are viewing this thread