[Event] Zombies mod special event 🧠

• Thread starter CoquilletteUwU
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
CoquilletteUwU

CoquilletteUwU

NRU Member
28 Jun 2020
France
Hello,

As a really specific event, this needed and deserved it's own thread for further information to our players, especially about game rules and the functionning of the round. There are the rules from the zombie mode and there are the necessary rules to make the rounds fair.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Process of the round :

I - Selection of players

When enough players will be online on the server, 2 randoms players will be chosen to play as zombies to permit the start of the round.

II - Process of the round

Then the players will be all killed and swaped, divised in two teams, the humans, and the zombies.

A - Playing as human :

When you are playing as human, you have to survive as long as possible by completing the required number of zombie kills to win and end the round.

You are allowed to use :
  • All weapons
  • Except shotguns
  • Except any explosives (except claymores)
  • Grenades are not allowed (except flares)

B - Playing as zombie :

When you are playing as zombie, you have to "infect" the most possible number of players from human team. The game will end when all the ennemies are infected.

You can ONLY use :
  • Melee weapons
  • Defib
  • Repair tool
  • Phantom bow with only poison arrows
  • Incendiary grenade
  • Only humans can use MAV

III - Game settings

At the begin of the round, the bullets efficiency (so that only humans can use) is 5%. More humans will be infected, more zombies there will be, so more zombies there will be, more the efficiency of bullets will increase, until 100%.

The votemap is not available for now, so all maps are in rotation in order (all DLC included).

Server will be on UNRANKED settings, so everything will happen during the event will be not taken into account for your BF4 stats and you won't be able to unlock assignements.

IV - Punishment scale

The players which are not respecting the game rules by using non allowed weapons will be autokilled after a delay of 5 to 10 seconds. If players are still breaking the rules after many autokills, admins will warn them and kick them from the server.

V - Language filter and attitude

Due to the special settings, it is possible that the language filter can not work, as some commands or VIP priviledges might not be able to be used too as usual, but the same rules as normally about attitude and behavior of the players are of course still applied, as always. In this case, any violation of Noobs R Us Charter of Respect will be punished and actions will be taken against abusive comments.

VI - If there are some technical issues

Please note that the organization of such an event requieres a lot of work and a lot of time from admins on their free time (thanks @lakaelo) So please be patient if there are some bugs here and there. Please contact us in that case.

⚠️ The content of this thread will may be modified and updated regarding to the server settings.

⚠️ Please also note that it is an old mod difficult to setup so there might be some issues or bugs here and there.

Last edited:
[Event of 1st, November, 2020]

After a little bit chaotic start due to the difficulties of server settings, this event has been a success and really appreciated by the present players in general. And so, thanks @GrootVie for having this idea for Halloween, and thanks @lakaelo for the setup of the server. Because this is a lot of work and lot of time to organize such an event, don't forget it. And also, thanks to all the (fair) participants for these fun rounds on our server. We had such great moments!

Maybe we will be able to organize such an event more than once a year now…

Overall it was better than I remember it to be. Maps with any raised features though become an exercise in how fast can you die. Best bits were the mass casualty events on Karelia when I dropped the roof possibly injuring a few team mates. 🤔 I may have inadvertently broken the rules with a SUAV and the digger.

Best bit was LB a meeting his match…

C2014E4F 4269 4569 8B11 5642414B82CB

• Haha
Reactions: CoquilletteUwU
I must admit it was very enjoyable, being a zombie is much more fun than a human camping up high on top of things. Found a vehicle that worked on Firestorm (little dozer) so drove around laps faster than zombies can catch me, biggest mistake was roadkilling a zombie with it and getting auto killed :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
Not the sort of thing I would like to play for too long or too often but a nice change even with zombies killing me with guns 🤷‍♂️
Lets do it again if not next year the year after 😁

jk: Whats the only animal in the world that has a cock in the middle of its back
Lord Bonapartes horse

I too found the digger with the same result! Considering how niche zombie mode is I would rather play several rounds of that than Shield Gunmaster.

I know that there were <cough> rule breakers but on the whole it wasn't anarchy. There were some repeat offenders but it sort of gets a bit silly to admin in such a frantic battle. If you are human you don't really have time to take action and if you are a zombie, well, you are just out for 🩸

It would be nice to have some sort of projectile weapon as a zombie that would give some sort of option for the assimilation camping humans into the 🧟‍♂️ realm.

This event was so much fun! The most fun to I've had on a special Sunday by far.
Me and two friends found out that we could get in some interesting spots by jumping on each others heads :LOL: I.e. on Operation Whiteout I was on one of the highest mountains :D

Reactions: CoquilletteUwU
Also thought why not letting zombies the possibility to use the Phantom Bow with only poisons arrows? Looks fair and fun, regarding to the number of humans campers on some maps who are just waiting zombies to come and to shot (ok included me sometimes). This would promote fun fights instead of static fights on some maps.

There was moments so epic, for example when a player is alone running and running while 15 zombies are running after him in silence with their knifes :LOL: Was stressfull sometimes but always so fun.

allowing bow would be possible but only with all arrows. but allow it depending on the amount of players is not possible.
Ah nah you took me wrong. I was just saying that with all these humans campers, it could be a good idea to let zombies use the bow :) Was not talking about creating a condition of required number of players to use it :D

Ok then we can allow it and we can put a "manual" rule, only poison arrows for the bow. Like for shotguns for example, from the mode, players are not punished by using shotguns but for the sake of fair play, everyone agreed not to use them. So we can do the same with the bow, only poison arrows. That's what I meant :D

Reactions: lakaelo
But if they kill people with it, will the player turn into a zombie or just respawn?
I think they will only respawn as humans because it's a mod but maybe we can improve it and make it really working with changing humans to zombies by using poison arrows. Whatever will be the ending, this new possibility will prevent to have a boring camping round during 15min looking to Shanghai and Lancang. But we still need to test it to make it fair. I'll spam cockaelo for all these little improvements ;)

Reactions: ItsDABAUZZ

Users who are viewing this thread