Your Gaming Spot. Show Us Where You Play.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
if you consider that easy, I dont even wanna know how it looks when you go full out. Honestly yes I do wanna know <3

if you consider that easy, I dont even wanna know how it looks when you go full out. Honestly yes I do wanna know <3

This is a new kit and cost £35 and went together really well and is in 1/144 scale. I have had a 1/72nd in my basket that is priced £45. It isn't that accurate but other versions are nearer £75 all have accuracy issues too. The trouble is that at 1/72nd scale they are huge - twice the size of that one which doesn't seem too bad. That cutting mat was A3 the 1/72 is about A2 size. I do a lot of 1/72 planes as they are small but something like the FA-18 is quite big.

I have some WW2 fighters in 1/48 and they are not too bad in size - still manageable. But one company does a B-52H in 1/48 and that is massive. It is big enough that the fuselage and wings are made from fibre glass/resin and is quite expensive.

Pic below shows the relative sizes in scales. I don't have anything that is in different scales that would be a better comparrison. An FA-18 in 1/72 is nearly as long as the DC3.

B-52 is 1/144
DC3 is 1/72
P-51 is 1/48

2E75A4B3 5E91 465D 92AA 32C26CC9463D

Last edited:
Got a new setup, didn't post it here yet :D
🤣 LOVE the magnetic bottleopener on the PC case! Why didn't I think of that?! Genius!!!!

Also, is that an automatic desk? That's very cool, you have the same setup as a rocket engineer!!

🤣 LOVE the magnetic bottleopener on the PC case! Why didn't I think of that?! Genius!!!!

Also, is that an automatic desk? That's very cool, you have the same setup as a rocket engineer!!
Its just a bottle opener with some magnets attached so i can grab it easily :D

And yes, I bought it because my company basically sponsores work-from-home equipment and they paid for it ;)

Reactions: Ch8nge
Finished my nooby cable management today at my new desk. Just a large mousepad is coming soon :)
Wooow so minimalist 😁 Is the headset holder homemade? Looks cool

I feel inadequate after seeing that one above. After using it for a while a few changes: some more drawers, PC moved down etc. New addition is the IKEA lamp - can recommend that, even paid £4 for postage as I couldn't face trapesing around the shop - money well spent. Still feel it isn't quite right.

6F7F37E8 B8CA 4322 8475 F1B9621D22B4

Paper towel roll is purely for paints. We have some bigger towels in the dungeon. I do have a bit of German blood so that is where the labelling thing comes from.

*yes - was curious to see what was deleted :D

• Love
Reactions: Riot_co
The installed corsair cooling thingy does have lights but the air ports are on the other side so you cannot see anything. The front air filter also mutes any colour that way too. Have already moved the monitor as it wasn't quite right. Only thing to change is the actual desk top. This was an old piece of plywood. May get a slightly deeper piece and raise it, and then have a sliding keyboard/mouse tray underneath.

Reactions: We4re0ne
Your cable management is very similar to mine :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 13382
Thought about editing it out - and that is, honestly, after I tidied them up! If I change the desk top then i will add a vanity panel to hide them all. At least you didn't highlight the pile of rubbish there (which I did vacuum up)!

That is the trouble with having moulded plugs on power cables - makes it harder to shorten them. Only Ethernet cables I had were about 20cm too short these ones which are about 3m too long. Need to bundle the cables and get them off the floor as when I drop a model piece it will inevitably go under a cable.

Users who are viewing this thread