Your Gaming Spot. Show Us Where You Play.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Glen may I suggest also Augustiner Hell for your next visit (very similar).

Tegenseer Hell we drunk in study years, because it was cheaper.
Fun fact, its a small brewery, get hyped over the years and now Tegernseer is (1 or 2 EUR box) expensiver then the larger brand Augustiner.

Still love both as my favourites... only my headset have some noise canceling problems sometimes, when I have more then a six pack ^^

Over here it is about €3.5 / £3 a bottle. Looks like Germany may let us in if we have the 5G upgrade. Just need France and Belgium now. 😁

a box (20 bottles) is here around 16 EUR, but its inside europe ^^

5G mobile?
serious think it´s more an other "delta" ^^
stay healthy old pal

I have a crude way of keeping both the computer and myself cool in these hot spells.
I have put together a duct fed from an air conditioning unit. The duct only covers 2/3 of the aircon outlet leaving me with 1/3 to cool me, its not particularly pleasing on the eye but boy does
it work well, overclocking my 3800X and my 1080ti with the game set on ultra for everything at 1440p 120fps (fixed) and gives me 54C-56C constant all the time 😂

View attachment 12048
I have been weighing up the the pros and cons of my cooling contraption and do I really need it.

CONS
Its unsightly
Its awkward
Its noisy when air con is on
Takes up space

PROS
Can be put up or taken down in 3mins
Can give me exceptional cooling/performance
Cost a mere £4 to get that cooling/performance

This is what I get when I use it/not use it on a fixed 120fps
1625660222840 Without using it, top is idling and bottom is ingame.

1625660442353 With it on, top idling and ingame bottom.
There is no question that it works and works well, the results were all taken in a room temp of 22c.
I will probably only use it when we get those high temp days in the high 20s or 30s which can make the CPU and GPU ran at high 70+, otherwise I have enough cooling.
It has all been an experiment for my own curiosity with an outlay of £4, less than 5 euro, although I already had the air con unit.
I dont care where you look, but you are not going to get a reduction of 10c GPU and 20c CPU ingame for 5euros anywhere 😂 😂 😂

• Wow
Reactions: lakaelo
Lol rizloid that absolutely awesome I love it.

I have my server rack cooled by running a normal central heating radiotor autside the conceled space its In. Since it's such massive it takes ages to get above room temp and when it does it usually stays 10degrees above room temp. No fans on the radiator only a couple in the server rack that blow the heat from the harddrives (lot of harddrives) to a normal pc radiot which puts the heat in the loop to get exchanged by the big radiator outside.

Ill make pictures when I do some work on it because it behind a wonden concealment under my roof. To keep the noice low.

Im actually thinking about maybe even rigging my own system up the the loop since my pc is air-cooled. Or maybe even go full balls in and buy a second hand frigidrator and wire that into the system so I can get sub ambient temps. But that all just thing I wanna do but I'm to lazy and don't wanna spend money since Im like to hoard my money

I had the idea of using a beer cooler where you have a coiled pipe immersed in refrigerated water and run the loop through the pipe/cooler. Problem is the temp difference can create condensation in your system,
where's with cold air the temp inside the case is similar to the water loop + its moving air, only my CPU is water cooled, the GPU is air cooled so can cool both. The cold air is sucked in to the case by 2 of the 3
intake fans the other 1 draws room temp air for balance. Both the CPU and GPU have never throttled even with only just the fans working but have got close to it. Like I said it was an experiment and was pleasantly
surprised by the results. I know I can crank it up ingame all on ultra and still only be in the mid range of temps :cool:

I had the idea of using a beer cooler where you have a coiled pipe immersed in refrigerated water and run the loop through the pipe/cooler. Problem is the temp difference can create condensation in your system

check this out mate, thought it'd be fun :

If your bedroom had 30°C ambient temperature (lol which is worst case scenario because it'd be unbreathable), and 50% humidity, you'd start to see condensation at around 18°C (well, micro-drops lol). If you're still interested, with thermodynamics it is also possible to calculate the outside temperature of the watercooling pipe to check if it'd reach 18°C lol :LOL:;)

Last edited:
I guess Riz don't have condesation because of fans, cold air comes in and fans with warm air push it out. If it would be heat exchanger without fans it would sink in water

Dipl. Ingenieur Nerd :D :tbag:

Nice one😍

:ROFLMAO: :LOL:

Engineering flowchart: Does it Move? Should it? #WD40 vs. Duct Tape  (original artist unknown) | Flow chart, Funny flow charts, Engineering humor

Users who are viewing this thread