Your Gaming Spot. Show Us Where You Play.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Spooky place ;-]

Anyone of you is informed abut water cooling?
My new home office room is tinyer as before, so it´s gettin warmer with "a bit op" Tower.

I saw its possible, to cool the water circulation external, in a kind of airfantower.
How about to hang this unit on the outsidewall of my house?

In winter its nice of course, just thinking about summer.
Did anyone ever heard something about an outside water cooler ?

could be an Idea, because i will renew my system for the nex battlefield version.
which is soon comming....

all links and ideas welcome
(a real air condition is the other idea, but a bit to expensive also in energy costs... to use it as a pool heating is only a dream, because pool is missing ;-])

sweating
ice

^^

I have my NAS server watercoled because it in a not ventilated space so to keep it cool I have run a external loop. It's just normal watercooling blocks and the custom loop runs outside the case to my attic (it's located in a closed of storage in my attic) and it's literally wired into a normal home radiator without any fans. I only have fans running int he case to keep the 40 drives in there cool. But the GPU and the GPU are cooled with blocks and the heat from the case is blow out trough 4 normal 3x pc radiators which take the heat from the fans and HDD and drop it into the loop to be cooled by the big CV radiator outside the storage space

But if you don't want loop running a long way into a external radiator you can also go baller and but a water chiller. But those will also put out heat

Never really have the weather here for something permanent like that. When we do have a rare few days hot weather then I just use a small fan and put a plastic bottle of water that was frozen in the freezer. That can keep the temp down for quite a while. Aim it towards the intake and it does work. Have also used it for when we have been watching TV.

Having a long run for the pipe may lose any of the benefits of the water cooling unless you are insulating them too.

I have an off the shelf Corsair water cooler and that has been very effective even in hot weather without the home aircon described above. You can see core temps increase slightly above normal when it is warm but nothing really significant or worrying.

Right Glen, but it´s more about me, sweating in a small room.
So the idea is to "heat pipe" it outside.
So maybee an air condition is an easier way..

Do not wan´t to play naked, like our oiled orchid (Sascha) ;-]

And to cool myselve down with beer is doing headache in the needed numbers ^^

I have a crude way of keeping both the computer and myself cool in these hot spells.
I have put together a duct fed from an air conditioning unit. The duct only covers 2/3 of the aircon outlet leaving me with 1/3 to cool me, its not particularly pleasing on the eye but boy does
it work well, overclocking my 3800X and my 1080ti with the game set on ultra for everything at 1440p 120fps (fixed) and gives me 54C-56C constant all the time 😂

there we go, what an idea ;-]

Looks like 2000 Watt, kinda expensive or?
But i really like the Idea, brutal and effective like a tbag ;-]

Last edited:
At the moment mine is running at about an average core temp of 37C but when the room is hot (as in 25C) core temps can be about 45C.

i am running atm on gin tonic,
my system status is ok,
communication is a bit delayed, but working...

First i go on now with passiv cooling, so i just ordered a varolux window outside sun screen.

Next step is active cooling.
A cheap idea is kind of a dryer hose, from pc to window, to get warm air outside.

Air condition is kinda expensive, naked may therfore not the worst decision.
Keep that in mind, when I t-bag you "homies" (Home Office cocks)

Last edited:
I looked at another option of using quick connectors and extending the water loop out of the computer with 2 lengths of tube and a radiator and then placing the radiator on the aircon units outlet,
this is a great way but as only my CPU is water cooled it wont help with the GPU and this is the cost.
But then the way it is now I cool both the CPU and GPU for a total cost of 1m 150mmX70mm duct for just under 6 eur......🖕 EK-Pro 😂😂

That would make sense. Something like a fan used in an airbrush spray booth should shift a reasonable amount of air without costing too much and shifting warm air out is better than trying to cool warm air.

Pic of mine below. Need to have a proper look at the best way organising this. may just need to get a bigger (wider) worktop.

8CA057FE 7250 46CC A439 3DAEAEE31750

Last edited:
A tidy desk, labeld power supplies, e.g. ..... comming back to our old conversation, a bit of your dna must be german ;-]

Just as a hint, a few companies drop used equipment atm on ebay (insolvenzy or forced home office).
Did bought ours also years ago that way, for 1/10 of new price, only had to pick it up in their office.

... still impressed how radical funktional Riz did solve this task ...

Indeed I do have some German DNA. Unfortunately not enough to get a passport. Had some relative that their surname was Kross but change in to Cross. Isobel's uncle was a spy in Germany during the war,shame we don't know much more than that as he never spoke about it.

Thats the explanation, why you still smuggle beer, cheese eg. from continent to your bunker on that island, your dna is the excuse^^

Attachments

• tanker-with-chrome-tanker-on-the-highway-fuel-truck-transports-beer-in-a-can-conceptual-idea-W...jpg
    tanker-with-chrome-tanker-on-the-highway-fuel-truck-transports-beer-in-a-can-conceptual-idea-W...jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 3
It never used to be smuggling but will be now when we are able to travel again and there are apparently limits now. Might need to borrow a kid and use their allowance.

The Mrs got me those drawers to help organise stuff. They are useful as I can keep paints in number order but trying to keep cotton buds aligned in the same direction is a full time occupation. Same for cocktail sticks, there is always one that wants to be a slightly different angle to the others. OCD? What OCD? 😁

Users who are viewing this thread