your favourite Browser Addons?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Steffos666

Steffos666

NRU Member
16 Oct 2012
Köln
Since we had that malware Addon in the other thread Im interested what you use to keep you browser clean :)

I think nowadays it doesn't really matter addonwise which browser you use(unless you use IE then probably there is nothing aviable :D).

I use Firefox:
First off all I wanted to recommend "https everywhere" or any other database that ensures that you dont connect unsecurely at first to a website (well only imporant if some state wants to hack you but an easy step that does not hurt)
Then I have Facebook Container that makes an instance off the browser just for facebook so facebook doesnt get all the data :D Thats why all those filthy lakalinks dont work for me in shoutbox he seems to have a contract with facebook

My personal choice of browser has been Google Chrome for years now due to it's great addon support.

When it comes to addons i really use just few. Adblock is quite standard these days so should not come as a suprise i mention it. F-Secure browser protection just to add an extra layer of safety. Other than that i don't really have many addons that i need.

Since i have the browser protection from F-Secure i don't need the "https everywhere" addon. Although i do recommend it as i've used that in the past.

UBlock and IDontCareAboutCookies (y)

Firefox with ublock origin (though I have a pihole on the network), https anywhere, decentraleyes (to stop cdn's), page containers, privacy badger, cleanurls (to remove tracking), bypass paywalls (so i can read newsites for free :D).

This is something that bugs me. Ive used IE, Chrome and now use Firefox (many years) and my reason was, if I open one page and look at the task manager it will show multiple instances when I only have 1 page.
This is the same on all browsers and decided to use Firefox as it showed the least amount of instances compared to the other 2. Its now happening to Firefox too. I open 1 page (just the forum at the mo) and its showing 7...WHY?
I can end task on some without seeing a difference, so WTF are they all doing ? :unsure:

That's expected, it's part of Electrolysis project for Firefox. Basically splitting off different processes for different parts to improve performance, stability and security (sandboxing etc.) and I imagine the same for other browsers.

since I'm using Brave, I already have HTTPS everywhere enabled by default, trackers are also disabled by default and there's a built-in ad blocker
On top of that I have ublock origin (yes in addition to the built-in one), Dashlane as password manager and popup blocker for chrome

otherwise nothing to do with security but I also have SponsorBlock, it's an extension that allows you to skip commercial messages, interaction reminder, intro, outro of a lot of youtube videos
For a video to be added to the list there must be a first person who marks the zones to be skipped and it will skip these spots automatically (by default) for all the next people.

I use Chrome, with uBlock Origin and Honey. Do have a PiHole running on the network, but that's mostly for the mobile devices.

For anti-virus I have ESET Endpoint Security, one of the best out there in my opinion.

Luckily you didn't say IE.
The new Edge (Chromium) is actually really good! It supports chrome extentions, uses less battery and cpu etc...
The only reasons i haven't switched yet is that I can't send webpages to my phone easily and because you can't change the "New tab" search engine from Bing to Google 🤬

The new Edge (Chromium) is actually really good! It supports chrome extentions, uses less battery and cpu etc...
The only reasons i haven't switched yet is that I can't send webpages to my phone easily and because you can't change the "New tab" search engine from Bing to Google 🤬
It's quite good. Especially compared to the IE. But luckily this pain is over soon: IE11 end of support countdown

Users who are viewing this thread