You talked about storm ? Now that is what we in shipping call storm.....

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Bond76

Bond76

NRU Member
2 May 2012
close to Hamburg
First 2 pics is a vessel of my old Company...the Svendborg Maersk....tiny Little 350metres Long.
It went thru the Bay of Biscay and was hit by a storm (winds of around 60-70 knots and 10-15 m waves) and lost around 500 Containers, empyt and full ones !!!

So all sailors be preapred when going through this area with your boats, ramming a Container is really a threat, even to bigger ships.

Attachments

• Svendborg 1.jpg
    Svendborg 1.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Svendborg 2.jpg
    Svendborg 2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 29
And now These are pics from my current Company, one of our vessels leaving stormy La Coruna.....always seems to be stormy there. These ships are really tiny compare to the above giant.
Ist only 128 metres Long and fights it's way back to North europe on this Picture...

Attachments

• 100-0071_IMG.JPG
    100-0071_IMG.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 1980175.jpg
    1980175.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 1980184.jpg
    1980184.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 1980198.jpg
    1980198.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 33
the "small" ship looks a bit lost in that weather. i would shit in my pants lol

It does...we often get Messages from the captains how rough the seas are and the ships rolls from one side to the other. Often we have to agree that they shelter somewhere in Bays or Rivers to stay protected, even the big ships sometimes have to do this. We were told this winter has the strongest storms out there since 1990/91 season. And dont Forget....the Crews still have to work during these conditions....it is awful.

Was myself once in same Situation when my navy ship left Germany in a spring storm and we had waves of around 10-13 metres....I puked like hell, like 80% of the Crew. We just wanted to die ! lol :)
I think there is even a Video on YouTube somewhere of that voyage, if you want I can check if out.

AW: Re: You talked about storm ? Now that is what we in shipping call storm.....

ohhhhhh the whole smuggled goods broken,then there is probably no =NRU= T-Shirts from China :)

Re : You talked about storm ? Now that is what we in shipping call storm.....

A feeder !
So, this afternoon, I go to my french west coast beach to pick up the lost containers !

14694910.jpg

LOL Spliffy, good luck. Parts of the cargo is timber logs and car parts....lets hope you find the car parts.

It's Feeder size, yes, but actually not a Feeder as such.

Shoot...so far they havent found too many of the bloody boxes. Last week heard message one Container was found in the UK (nice ride then) with 11 Mio Cigarettes in it....dry it and then sell the dope I would say :D
You can even promote it as "Seafarers Cigarettes" with a Special saltwater Aroma....lol

the world gimble mount springs to mind this should keep the cooker level in rough weather

Here 2 other pics, also this winter season from a Partner line vessel....I would wet my Pants....

Attachments

• 100_7610.jpg
    100_7610.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_7616.jpg
    100_7616.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 14
Not much you can say about that second photo except laws of physics look as though they are being severely challenged.

I think there is even a Video on YouTube somewhere of that voyage, if you want I can check if out.

sure. always interesting so see hihi

Folks, I found it....shame though it is without Music and Sound, unlike the original....but you know...GEMA etc. It was great times on board, I enjoyed it and often think back with fond memories of the Navy, the ship and the tour of course.

Anyway, enjoy...

[video=youtube;Uu3vLdUz2pE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu3vLdUz2pE[/video]

Now she left again for Operation Atalanta I think, down in Djibouti/Somalia. Tough Job down there, thanks to all Navy People down there protecting the trade lanes of the free world !

Last edited:
Here 2 other pics, also this winter season from a Partner line vessel....I would wet my Pants....
Holy Shit XD with waves like this you dont have to drink your brain out to get the floors moving XD

Users who are viewing this thread