You decide my next EU4 game!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Which scenario should I play?

• Luck of the Irish

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Baltic Crusader

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Lazarus

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Akhara

Akhara

Send Noots
NRU Member
14 Feb 2021
Deutschland
So as most people frequenting the Discord know, I am currently heavily addicted to the grand strategy game "Europa Universalis IV". It's set in 1444 and runs all the way until 1821. During that time, you can do pretty much whatever you want. Play as Austria, be Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire, protect the smaller members and eventually unite them as one single nation? You can do that. Be Spain and conquer the New World through your vast empire of colonial nations? Also possible. Start as Byzantium, defeat the Ottomans and reform the Roman Empire? Sure. However, you can also do extremely wacky and extremely alternative history stuff. Like starting as the Incas, conquering South America and then invade France. Or play as a nation in India and play the old switcheroo on Great Britain, invading them with war elephants through the Scottish highlands. Why not.

Now I wanted to something different this time and.....let you guys choose what to do. Listed below are some scenarios that you can pick and I will then try to accomplish the one with the most votes after one week (or if there is a clear winner before that). In addition to that, I am going to channel my inner Cockaparte and wrote a read-along so you can follow what I am doing with some pictures. I’ll keep it as simple as possible so can understand what I am doing without requiring any knowledge on how the game works. Main focus is to write something fun and enjoyable, so I’ll shove in as many stupid jokes as I possibly can. Maybe I’ll also throw in some polls from time to time what to do when there is a decision point so you can take part. For example: Which country to invade next, name of generals/rulers etc.

Without further ado, here are the options. All of these are achievements in the game and that’s where the names come from:

1. Luck of the Irish ☘️:
In 1444, the British Isles are divided between England, Scotland and a bunch of tiny Irish nations. The goal is to pick one (I’ll let you choose which one), conquer the others, form the nation of Ireland and then conquer Scotland and England to claim rulership over the British Isles.

2. Baltic Crusader ✝️:
In 1444, the crusader state of the Teutonic Order is located at the coast of the the Baltic Sea in the territory which later became the kingdom of Prussia. The goal is to invade Russia and convert it to Catholicism. Not all of Russia though. Only these parts:
Germans moving through Poland to invade Russia. What could go wrong?

3. Lazarus 🇷🇸:
In 1444, most of the Balkan region is under Ottoman control with most other states being too weak to fend off future ottoman expansion. The goal of this one is to defeat the Ottomans, reconquest all of the balkans and defeat all other nations in the region.

I have no idea what is going on but i voted for (3) Lazarus because it sounds cool. :D

Luck of the Irish using mighty Munster (I'm biased as you'll play as my ancestors 😅)

Reactions: Akhara
...is there any scenario with boobs?? :unsure: Lick off the Irish..sounds pretty ok. (y)

Well there is Tenotitlan as a province. Want me to conquer that? I could also rename all my provinces to variations of „boobs“ :D

Just realized Tenotitlan sound like „The no-tit LAN“, which would accurately describe around 99% of all LAN parties

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: lakaelo
Sounds cool! I love the game as well when I have the concentration for it. Haven't played it for a while though and I always restarted my games..
Voted for Luck of the Irish good luck ✊

Reactions: Akhara and Riot_co
Sounds cool! I love the game as well when I have the concentration for it. Haven't played it for a while though and I always restarted my games..
Voted for Luck of the Irish good luck ✊

Yeah it has taken me a lot of time to get to the point where I feel like I am actually in control of what I am doing and can actively influence my run instead of only reacting to what is happening around me.

500h to be more precise…..

Yeah it has taken me a lot of time to get to the point where I feel like I am actually in control of what I am doing and can actively influence my run instead of only reacting to what is happening around me.

500h to be more precise…..
Even after what is probably almost 500h of BF I can't even react to what's happening around me.. 💩
Have you tried Crusader Kings III also by the way? Thus far only played EUIV of those 4X Paradox games, but was considering to try CK3.

Users who are viewing this thread