Wishing You All A Merry Christmas

• Thread starter Lady_Musketeer_GER
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Lady_Musketeer_GER

Lady_Musketeer_GER

Friend of the NRU
2 May 2012
Within the last few years, the hustle and bustle of Christmas has made me lose sight of any magic which is commonly associated with it.
This, however, has changed ever since my brother's twins were born three years ago.
It was for their sake that I started to decorate our house for the Christmas season in early November... and what can I say?

All the lights in every room, every single ornament in red, green and gold, each and every candle and, in addition to that, our little illuminated Victorian village were enough to make them happy and excited at the same time... they got in the Christmas spirit very soon. :)
Admittedly, it may sound mawkish but the joy of seeing Christmas through their eyes endowed me with gifts beyond comprehension, as the two little boys helped me to discover the true meaning of Christmas and the magic that goes along with it.

And yet... I am fully aware of the fact that for some of you this won't probably go down as your best Christmas ever.
There's no denying the fact that the Yuletide season can be a very tough time when being confronted with professional, financial or personal problems.
I do hope, though, that it helps just a tiny little bit to be reminded that in this clan we care for each other and that I wish all those in need an extra share of comfort, hope and a new year full of brighter days.

With this in mind, I wish you but one thing: May your hearts be warm with happiness and your homes be filled with joy... merry Christmas everyone! :)

Those are some fine words indeed. Merry Christmas for you and everyone in NRU clan! Keep your holiday spirit up and remember to stuff your face as much as you can, since that's what Christmas is all about. (besides being with family of course!) :)

Wise words that make a lot of sense.

There seems to be a lot of stuff written about how it shouldn't be Christmas because of the religious connections. However, many people I know are not Christian and may be Muslim, or one of the many other beliefs or don't have any belief yet they/we still have Christmas trees and swap presents and even have 'traditional' turkey dinners. It is a time to celebrate the end of the year and get ready for the new year approaching regardless.

I hope everyone has a nice time no matter how you spend this holiday period. If you are working I know what that is like (afternoon shift on Christmas day really sucks), if you are spending it with relatives try and enjoy being with them. If you are on your own though it is easy to look on others with envy but there are a lot of people who would like to trade places and have the opportunity to get some alone time!

When you get to our age it becomes difficult to buy presents so we try and get a few things that we would rather have or would actually use than a lot of stuff that would go to waste. When receiving a gift it may not be what you want but the person giving it has probably spent time and effort choosing it and that adds value to it regardless of the cost. Same goes for Christmas dinner, nothing huge or extravagant just some nice food and drink which we can enjoy together.

Merry Christmas to everyone. :)

I agree wholeheartedly. Perhaps Christmas can remind everybody, regardless of faith etc., that simply being nice to your fellow man is not only for this time of year. Too much of bigotry, hatred, division, xenophobia, lack of empathy this year, let's hope 2018 will be different.

Merry Christmas my friends!

Users who are viewing this thread