Winter Project

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
@ Watugi thanks will do and good luck at Sea!

@ Laka jeez 70k that's nuts I thought I drove a lot with +-35k a year but you double me! Is your job far far away form home?

i like it and will keep it even longer and hope i come around 600-700.000km with that.

Should be easy with a mercedes diesel.

Fun fact: My dad owned this Mercedes 608 D for 35 years ( 15 years for his work, then converted it to a motorhome / camper ) We saw whole of europe in that thing. He sold it a few years ago with 2,5 million kilometers on the clock! And guess what: the buyers (3 students) went from pole to pole with it using the pan american highway then went over to Africa and drove from Kaapstad to Bejing, and from bejing back to europe.

And guess what, they came back last year with 3 million miles on the clock and went for a visit to show the 608 still in good shape. These things are indestructable!

doing field sales and have a big region to look about so its normal that i have 2-4 meetings a day but also have to drive 300-400km for that. this year i am 15 years in that job and i can say i had run some KM in that time lmao. think alone what i spend for fuel/diesel you can buy a own home lol but no matter about that, company paid the bills. :)

but really hope the merc will run around 600-700tkm. i bought this specialy with the 3.2litre raw six zylinder because that maschine is the most durable one.

Regularly change the filters at 10-15k and fresh oils every 20k. If you treat it well I'm sure it can go up to a million miles or even more :)

Users who are viewing this thread