Windows 11

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Looks like Windows 11 will be available early next month. Also looks like a lot of PC 'cannot run it' including some with 7th Gen i7 processors and high-end gaming machines!

It looks like those machines are capable of running Win 11 but there are indications that if you get the message saying your PC isn't suitable but still download and instal Win 11 that you may not get any security updates. That may change but it is worth considering if you do choose to go ahead.

I am guessing that my 8 yr old PC will not be suitable. 😃

I really would like to have Flight Simulator and if BF2042 is really cross platform (and I can use a keyboard mouse) an xbox may be a better option than a new PC.

Reactions: Riot_co
I don't think you're missing out on much. For me the start menu is worse, less customisable, no small icon options, all context menus still don't match, can't put the start bar anywhere but the bottom, worse performance than w10 and most annoyingly the cache bug on ryzen processor's. (see
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
)

Bring back the Win98 start menu 😂 it was simple and did it's job

Or even better, everyone moves to Linux

Reactions: General_Misery
You can get the Windows 11 checker here....

This is the result I got. :LOL: Not really a surprise! Wasn't actually planning or desperate to upgrade.

PC

Been using Windows 11 since the first Dev insider build. No issues so far, on the contrary I've had less issues than with Windows 10. The UI stuff takes some time getting used to, but I definitely don't mind it!

I think it will be okay after a few updates, I just don't get why they've rushed it for 5th of October

Reactions: glenwilson
Was having a quick look at PCs and motherboard upgrades. Looks like I will either need to spend about £600+ for a new motherboard pack or £1500+ on a built PC to play FS2020

Last edited:
  • Wow
I have flown a real Cessna 172 and a British Airways 757 sim (yes the expensive ones) and with a few hours on a PC flight sim I reckon you could fly the real thing. With something like a 757, if it was already in the air, using autopilot , you could get it on the ground in one piece. The main thing would be knowing where the various switches were which the flight sim time would be useful. Was speaking to some 757 pilots and one of the training tests they had was to have both engines fail on approach to Heathrow. One got the plane on the ground (in the middle of London and may have needed some assembly afterwards) and the other actually got it to Heathrow. The second pilot then said one of the terminals may have needed some work done on it!

Thats the Comet isnt it ?
If shown where the flaps and wheels up controls are, I think I could put one up in the air, but landing one, thats something else 😶‍🌫️
I have some flying experience and have my own plane in a hanger.

Well when I say hanger I mean it's hanging in my shed 😜

Attachments

• IMG_1949[1].JPG
    IMG_1949[1].JPG
    619.3 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread