Who is with Bf5 now?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Me me me me. That is a good price and shows that launch wasn't as they expected. As I said in the other thread I think it is a good game but not "fun".

I would rent a server for the weekend (if I could) just to see what it would be like playing BFV with NRUs is like.

I do like the game, I think it plays and looks good even on my 5yr old PC but BF4 is fun to play even if you have an awful round. :)

Bought it as you know at 50% but haven't played yet; will try later during x-mas.

Considering buying it....I am more into WW2, so this is attracting my interest more than this Pickelhauben and Zepplin stuff of the WW1 BF.
Maybe coming to the fields again.....if my work allows me to :(

Reactions: lakaelo
Bought the deluxe edition of the game for £32.99, dont really know what the difference is with the standard.
I played it for just under 1 hour and found it very like BF1 but very narrow. Maybe it was just the one map I played but you had to follow a very narrow path from one place to another.
Needless to say in BFV I can die just as good as all the other BF games and not one single time holding the right mouse key did any medic come to revive me, I was just a hurdle for them to jump over.
I think I just bought another BF1 with a different name, lets just give it a bit more time and see :popcorn:

So, played a few rounds and - surprise! - I’m not impressed. Feels like a BF1 mod with even more bewildering and strange options. Do I want to make skin changes for all parts of my gun? Jeez... Was as bad as in BF1 with a kdr of around 0.6 but tried to be a good squad member and still, all other squad mates left one by one for another squad (even one NRU member deserted the squad) :unsure:.

Will of course give it a try again but I think this will be, as with BF1, a game collecting digital dust in my pc :confused:.

Lastly, I think EA/ Dice have lost their feel for how a new BF game should be made and wonder if we will ever get that special ”only in BF” back. Maybe the poor sales is a wake-up call? Having a AAA game on 50-70% sale so shortly after launch is quite unique...

So, played a few rounds and - surprise! - I’m not impressed. Feels like a BF1 mod with even more bewildering and strange options. Do I want to make skin changes for all parts of my gun? Jeez... Was as bad as in BF1 with a kdr of around 0.6 but tried to be a good squad member and still, all other squad mates left one by one for another squad (even one NRU member deserted the squad) :unsure:.

Will of course give it a try again but I think this will be, as with BF1, a game collecting digital dust in my pc :confused:.

Lastly, I think EA/ Dice have lost their feel for how a new BF game should be made and wonder if we will ever get that special ”only in BF” back. Maybe the poor sales is a wake-up call? Having a AAA game on 50-70% sale so shortly after launch is quite unique...

If you ignore all the skins stuff and just play it I think it is better than BF1. I quite enjoy playing it as something different. Though similar to BF1 it seems to have less of the sniper kill from 50km feel though there are some kills that feel iffy or impossible angles. I quite like the single player section too as they can be quite challenging even when playing on the lowest difficulty level.

I think you are right that EA/Dice have forgotten what made all the previous games fun to play (and still fun to play). In BF4 you can jump in play a bit more seriously than usual or just arse around but still have a smile at the end of it. BFV, so far, doesn't seem capable of that. Maybe it is even the faff that you have to go through just to get in a round of CQ whereas BF4 you can be playing within a few minutes of switching on the PC.

It would be nice to play with other friends but again by the time you join they have finished or the game ends.

thats the hole desaster. with our own server you can play with your friends and mates and admin all this idiot and morons out there. with a own server i would say, you have fun from allone by playing with the well known cocks :D

Obviously EA thought they were losing money by renting servers themselves. But I imagine that it must be a headache to set up that sort of infrastructure but to not give what everyone wants seems like a stupid business model. If they stuck to their core business and let server providers do theirs who would benefit most? Us - the customer.

To me it looks like they are trying to drive the brand into the ground deliberately, maybe in the hope that the historical core demographic will just sod off and find something else to play... maybe we're not profitable enough on paper as a group to warrant really bothering to please anymore, so self destruction is the option they're going for?
Half arsed half finished releases with lots of popular features removed, but alot of fluffy yet useless crap added in.

That or they are all high and think they've done a really super job...o_O

Reactions: General_Misery
Oh well in Battle Vield oha Field, i had last days less pussy medics.
Also in Battlefield Vagina teamplay is often better.
But this is not the game, its more on player side response.
To stick together, to have a sniper with drop pod, medic who really rez sensefull e.g.
I really like gameplay with a good team.
But what i miss is kick e.g. for insulters and cheaters, this option must be included.
(Not in Main EA, mean inside the game, like shift select playername and add as friend, report e.g.)

got it too... with premium acc., anyway, if anyone plays and wants to cock around, I will be happy to join :)

I think the trouble with BFV is that you cannot muck around. It just doesn’t allow you to muck about and it all seems too intense. I don’t hate it at all but just joining a round seems to be long winded with too many clicks before you get near a game. After getting the game running again after about 8 days I had about 30 battle pack things and there was nothing in them apart from skins for weapons.

I do like the songle player mode especially the Nordic chapter, there is something about the voice that gives me tingles. :)

Having said that I have really enjoyed playing BF4 recently. Today there was a great round of Locker that was pretty intense and competitive but was a huge amount of fun too. Ended the round smiling.

Users who are viewing this thread