When aliens are discovered, God will die a horrible death.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nimma

Nimma

15 Mar 2012
Netherlands
I mean come on. The 'believable parts' of the bible and koran are getting slimmer and slimmer. Nutsacks.

Lightning is the work of the god? No way.
Earth is flat? No way
Earth is only 10.000 years old? No way
Evolution isn't true? No way
Opium brings you closer to god? No way, the chemicals in your brain go nutsacks.
Earthquakes are nutsacks way to warm the people? No way.
'god particle' is the hand of god? No way, it's the higgs-boson.

I could make a huge list of silly things that were proven wrong by science over the last few hundred years, but one thing in particular scares all the hardcore believers.

Earth is according to all religions the ONLY place where God created life. When we find alien life, and I'm sure we will one day, this god story will come to an end forever.

I hope I'm still around when that day comes.

Sorry to take 3 mins of your life for reading up on this crap :D

lol i think every human has to have his own religion what ever he is believing it !

and i think the more you make in science and stuff like that the more you will have to think what our world created!

Guys who say they are believing in NOTHING are not thinking ;)

I for my part believe in God ;)

But to be honest the first paragraphs of the bible are the most mistaken part of a book ever ;) read it and understand! Its nothing more than a metaphor and not what creatonists say

puh äh sry if you waste your time with my crap ;)

This is a risky forum thread I feel

lol i have no bad feelings for mine if somebody speaks bad about religion but you're right !

this could change into a bad bad argument...

This is a risky forum thread I feel

True on other places that would be just matter of time when somebody gets pissed off. But i don't think it happens here where people respects others and their values. :p

Im atheist but i like think these mysteries of world, supernatural things and myths/legends so im intrested about these things. Often i ask from religious people i meet "What was thing what made you believe God?" becouse i want hear their story behind that faith.

Guys who say they are believing in NOTHING are not thinking ;)

I agree :) I've read big parts of the bible, and even the koran. Saw a multitude a documentaries in favour and against religions.

So I'm obviously interested and curious but the more I read and see about it the further it drives me away from it. For other it's the other way around, different people different thoughts :)

This probably is a bit of a risky and emotional subject!

In a tolerant society people have the right to believe or not believe as with any other lifestyle choices they make. I may not always agree with their arguments, views etc. and would discuss that with them but I respect the right of anyone to have their beliefs/faiths/etc. The main thing is that my view of someone is not affected by what the believe but more their actions towards other people.

I personally don't subscribe to any belief system. I wasn't raised in a particularly religious way but my Grandmother was but eventually realised that I didn't believe and came out as an atheist. However, I do have a moral code and know what is right and wrong and stick with that - seems to work.

Just for the record, I was asked not to come back to "Sunday school" when I was 12 for asking too many awkward questions!

Last edited:
Just for the record, I was asked not to come back to "Sunday school" when I was 12 for asking too many awkward questions!

That's funny :D So what are your thoughts about Aliens? I don't believe in any if those aliens are here already stories but I'm pretty damn sure they are outthere somewhere. It's just the rule of statistics, the chance of life elsewhere is practically 100%.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
― Arthur C. Clarke

The odds are so high that there are a billion other.others like ours out there that might harbor life.it would be ignorant to think we're the only ones in the
Universe.

The odds are so high that there are a billion other.others like ours out there that might harbor life.it would be ignorant to think we're the only ones in the
Universe.

That's the Fermi paradox

Users who are viewing this thread