What's happing in the Netherlands (not really funny)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
CapHunterx

CapHunterx

where's my AEK?
NRU Member
22 Nov 2020
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands

Attachments

• 6e5f91ce_VID_20210125_WA0017.mp4.mp4.mp4
    1.8 MB
Last edited:
You almost get the impression it s not about demonstrating, they are only there to seek riots.

I think it s on the news worldwide....

You almost get the impression it s not about demonstrating, they are only there to seek riots.

I think it s on the news worldwide....
I am afraid it is indeed true, this has nothing to do anymore with demonstrating for whatever reason.

Fun fact: Hard wing football supporters are now "guarding" there cities against the riots and plundering.

I work in the city center, near the Binnenhof. There is a noticeable increase in Police stationed there at the moment.

HOI GLUURDER. DIT ITEM BEVAT SCHOKKENDE BEELDEN. GA NAAR DUMPERT.NL EN ZET EVENTUEEL 'TOON NSFW ITEMS' AAN OM DIT ITEM TE BEKIJKEN.
Seems like if you link an NSFW item, the embeded player doesn't work?

Seems to be a sign of the times. Not sure what the aim of these people is and sometimes think they don't know either. Trouble is that they seem unable to see or listen to reason. 😞

In the german news the speak about only Hooligans, right-wing extremists and nazi-type guys who are going on the streets. Is that so?

Cant believe this fact.... strange news!
Well you have two types, the one who thinks they are the fighters for human freedom and most of them are just for the riots.

My sister told me yesterday they were planning on robbing a store where they sell branded clothing. There were groupchats made to plan when they where gonna do this. So yes this is not for just demonstrating it's just for stealing and rioting.

I'm just dissapointed at the moment and feel heartbroken because of people doing this because of no good reason.

People are bored and all have that sheep mentality, one does something and the rest follow. Thats what happened in the US too with the Capitol.
You can walk through a city for miles and not even see one brick but when there is a riot all of a sudden there are loads of them everywhere.....where do they come from ? :unsure:

People are bored and all have that sheep mentality, one does something and the rest follow. Thats what happened in the US too with the Capitol.
You can walk through a city for miles and not even see one brick but when there is a riot all of a sudden there are loads of them everywhere.....where do they come from ? :unsure:
People got them out of the streets, there only need to be one lose stone and the rest is easy to get out.

Also some guys brought golf balls to the riot.

Sorry, got a bit waffly...

In some cases it seems like cult behaviour. When someone is ill it is natural to question the treatment to make sure that the person you care about is getting what is best for them and understand why a certain treatment path is taken. There is so much misinformation about that it is quite easy to read something and then find multiple articles or sources to reinforce that belief and ignore factually correct opposite views. Rather than admit they were wrong they just keep on going with the lie.

There are almost certainly cases of voter fraud in the US. There probably has been at every election. However, never sufficient in number for people to believe that a conspiracy that an election was stolen. Getting people to believe and act on that theory and not believe the evidence showing their was no fraud is really scary.

Same happened here with Brexit. People have been told 'facts' and they believed them. We are now at the point where the lies are becoming apparent yet they now transfer the blame to the EU instead of the people who spread the racist crap and have enable the government to taser the country in the balls.

Mass protests against mask and lockdowns just seems so stupid. COVID deniers are in the same category as flat earthers and climate change deniers. They cherry pick the 'evidence' they want and ignore every thing else. There must be people who push this stuff for a reason. That could be political or financial or something else. Media doesn't help as they are there to make money and all to often go for the story rather than do actual journalism and find the background. Some media will try and stay on the fence and present both sides which is like me saying I am wonderfully slim and my wife disagreeing yet giving space for my argument that goes against all the evidence. 😊

Edinburgh has cobbled streets. Once one becomes loose those around do too and quite quickly you do have a lot of bricks.

The solution? Taking down the misinformation would be a start. To often the likes of Twitter and Facebook allow stuff to spread before acting. The other is to find out who is wanting all this disruption and what is their aim.

The solution? Taking down the misinformation would be a start. To often the likes of Twitter and Facebook allow stuff to spread before acting. The other is to find out who is wanting all this disruption and what is their aim.

UUUUh I hope you understand at least one bit and your brains dont explode - I have written myself into rage with very complicated stuff as a non native speaker

The only solution is better education. More social stuff in school. How das logic work, how to discuss.

Basic logic: Out of a wrong statement you can imply that EVERY other statement is true. So based on one false statement you can fuck up your whole hypothesis and proof anything.
So if you trust your fake news newspaper you are pretty much fucked up like this:

Those Coronadeniers just say look into the internet and in realtity they found ONE proof for their information from a source that has never been trusted. And imply their whole picture of the world on it
Yet they say that it is your fault looking at the evil state media.

You cannot clean the internet from misinformation ^^

What I loved to hear is the every giant leap in media and informationtransfer lead to revolts and conspiracy theories.

The invention of the letterpress was such an example. In an unsteady time people discovered that they can communicate their braindumb to everybody and a lot of people liked it.

We are in that phase of the internet and censorship is not always the right response :D

Reactions: Lady_Musketeer_GER
Yes, censorship is a slippery slope and finding any sort of balance is impossible.

Education is the best approach, should have thought about that. Not necessarily on a specific subject but how to be objective and investigate for yourself and then making a choice.

Users who are viewing this thread