What Mode Should We Run? Official Or Ranked?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What mode the server should be run at?

• swtiching between official and ranked

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • stay in ranked

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • abstain

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
lakaelo

lakaelo

NRU Heed
at the moment it is a bit tricky how should we run the server? in official we can start it well but we have a lot of morons and after switching back into ranked the server is hard to fill up or just running in our maintime ( evening )

if you need more info about the different modes ( official and ranked ) please read this post
New Bf4 Server / We Will Change Hoster

so it would be nice to get some more oppinion about the way we should go in the future.

vote is open for all, also for non NRU members.

If we are going to try BF1 then official mode may be the better option. If there are enough of us on BF4 then I would say ranked is more preferable.

At the moment it does appear to be a quieter time for players generally so official may be a better option.

well bf4 server should be so busy we can run it in ranked wich is better so we dont have to deal with an obvious hacker with a 200/4 KDR like last time, when it got so bad jaeger came on ts and asked me to step in and try banning him even though i was playing another game at the time XD

It can take an age to get it started in ranked if at all. When it has been in official recently people have been generally OK with only a few dickish comments. Maybe mid term holidays are over as there seems to be a few more players on the last few days.

Reactions: lakaelo
Had a quick look this morning just before 8 am and already 46 players on there.....you got to admit thats good !!!!

ohh good times coming to us.... :)

i was installing a new plugin on our server and now we can kick cheating players on on our server also if it runs in ifficial mode.
also this tool is streaming to BF4DB.com too and if a player have banned there, he is not able to play on our server. :D

find more about it here:
BF4DB Server Protection

so we can run the server in official mode and at least no clear cheater are playing anymore.

Wait how does it actually work, I quickly skimmed but couldn't see how it's allowed?

That would certainly help. I still don't get why ea don't allow players to be at least kicked if not banned. It would be like BMW saying you must drive at the most 1 foot behind the car in front. :D

push....

at the current situation i would like your ( NRU or non NRU ) opinion about this. the vote is still open and you can change your vote if you had already voted. :D

sinde some days there is a new server patch out with some changes. one is that the little tool we had run and what had prevent us for the biggest cheaters, is not working anymore.

more infos you find here:
Recent Changes & Updates | BF4DB

so maybe this is the point we really run the server only in ranked mode anymore?!?

Whilst official can be OK and you can have quite a few rounds without any issues you do get some days like today when you get a stupid hacker that ruins it for everyone. Many players don't realise the difference between Official and Ranked so wonder why we are stupid and in active admins. I think moving to ranked all the time will be the best option in my view.

Reactions: RIZLOID and lakaelo
Whilst official can be OK and you can have quite a few rounds without any issues you do get some days like today when you get a stupid hacker that ruins it for everyone. Many players don't realise the difference between Official and Ranked so wonder why we are stupid and in active admins. I think moving to ranked all the time will be the best option in my view.

yes, think equal and i hope we are on a point now we get the server started in ranked, maybe at least in the evening.

Users who are viewing this thread