What CPU ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What is your current CPU ?

• Intel

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • AMD

Votes: 11 39.3%

• Total voters
Intel if you got loads of money to waste and are bench marking
If your money is a bit tighter then AMD but really theres no real world difference between the two when it comes to gaming
AMD are half the price I currently use and AMD 8core overclocked to 4.5Ghz

Re : What CPU ?

We can discuss CPUs but we never get agree !
All CPU are goods, many CPUs for all budgets ...

CPUBoss

Only for statistics !

What is the exact model ?

Intel hands down, AMD aren't even comparison at the minute!

If your money is a bit tighter then AMD but really theres no real world difference between the two when it comes to gaming

you running also the FX-8120 or not? how you overclocket it? with the asus turbov evo?

you running also the FX-8120 or not? how you overclocket it? with the asus turbov evo?

So my German friend I have the FX 8350 which has 4.0ghz as standard
It was overclocked in the Bios not in TurboV but you can if the settings are there sometimes TurboV seems to lack the settings you need.
This CPU does not overclock easy unfortunately but you don't gain much
It's not actually 4.5 but near as dammit
But I bumped up the Multiplier to 4.4 or 4.3 then adjusted the HT or FSB which ever it comes under in your Bios
You can push it further but you'll have to start ramping the voltage up, but these cpu have heat issues so I wouldn't recommend it but there's no need 4.0ghz is plenty already
Anything past 4.5ghz your gonna need Water cooling which I use.
All this sounds simple but it's not, you have to take each step very carefully and run stress tests to make sure your pc wont crash under stress from gaming or any other stressful process.
I can guide you if you want more power :p

So my German friend I have the FX 8350 which has 4.0ghz as standard
It was overclocked in the Bios not in TurboV but you can if the settings are there sometimes TurboV seems to lack the settings you need.
This CPU does not overclock easy unfortunately but you don't gain much
It's not actually 4.5 but near as dammit
But I bumped up the Multiplier to 4.4 or 4.3 then adjusted the HT or FSB which ever it comes under in your Bios
You can push it further but you'll have to start ramping the voltage up, but these cpu have heat issues so I wouldn't recommend it but there's no need 4.0ghz is plenty already
Anything past 4.5ghz your gonna need Water cooling which I use.
All this sounds simple but it's not, you have to take each step very carefully and run stress tests to make sure your pc wont crash under stress from gaming or any other stressful process.
I can guide you if you want more power :p

ahhh...because i am a lazy cock in this i guess you had the same and so i can "copy and paste" your settings. lol well, the 8120 is really a bitch and i tried to pump it up several times but always got a unstable system or head issues or both lool so it stays like it is....

Gaming PC is currently running an Intel i5 something. I stick with Intel because I have had software compatibility issues in the past. Also generates less heat than AMD processors though see laptop below.

Mac mini server is running an i7.

Laptop (the nads cooker) also runs an i7.

Other server runs a Core.

Need to boot up the other laptop to see what is in that.

Last edited:
Re : What CPU ?

Msi   GE70 2PC 207XFR Apache have this, RAM is low 4 Go , but later i can up to 8 or +

Users who are viewing this thread