What are your new year's resolutions?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
My main one is to duck and dive to avoid this virus.
The other one is slow down the Guinness intake, although Im not sure if it has helped me to avoid the virus, well just incase I think I'll save this one for next year :ROFLMAO:

I am going to lose weight. I will weigh myself. Shave my head. Weigh myself again. Mission accomplished. Might only be a few grams but I will have done it.

I too don't have any. Being near perfect it is hard to find things that you can improve on. 😇 But if I had to choose one, it would be never stop learning. No matter how old, or how experienced you are, there is always something new to learn. Being older doesn't mean you cannot learn from younger people.

Also, share your knowledge. You may think knowledge is power but it isn't. Sharing is a much more powerful gift.

Reactions: Lady_Musketeer_GER
I am going to lose weight. I will weigh myself. Shave my head. Weigh myself again. Mission accomplished. Might only be a few grams but I will have done it.

I too don't have any. Being near perfect it is hard to find things that you can improve on. 😇 But if I had to choose one, it would be never stop learning. No matter how old, or how experienced you are, there is always something new to learn. Being older doesn't mean you cannot learn from younger people.

Also, share your knowledge. You may think knowledge is power but it isn't. Sharing is a much more powerful gift.
im really happy to hear this. i myself think teaching people new stuf is one of the best things to do. i love explaining how the universe works to my friends and dad etc.
some good advice on the mondaymorning

Reactions: glenwilson
🙂 I had a career change quite late and became a programmer/analyst. We had a 10 week course. There was me at about 50 and all the others just out of uni. There were things I knew because of working in that IT department for about 25 years and there was stuff they knew. Age wasn't important and we just helped each other. Thinking that you cannot be replaced because you are the only one with that knowledge doesn't always help. I was the only one who knew how the mainframe printer systems worked but was still made redundant. Documented everything and shared what I could before I left. That knowledge wasn't going to help me going forward so hopefully it helped others.

It amazes me how many skilled people share things on YouTube that help others like myself. Always grateful to them.

I would suggest following this small principle:
Instead of eating six small piece of cake, only eat two (after cutting it in half).

Works also for other food and drinks.

Internet and YouTube are such a helpfull tool if you wanna do something but your not experienced. YouTube for me is mostly science channels and informative stuf. I can say I have a real big knowledge base about lots of things just because I watched YouTube. Especially came in handy for my study science I knew allot already making it easy for me to learn better and help classmates.

I can happily say I enjoy science which most people don't like. I don't read books but I read papers for fun because there so much to learn about our universe. I think it's a good think to keep on learning. Keeps your brain active

Reactions: CoquilletteUwU
New year resolution? :unsure: Hmm, trying to convince some old regular cocks to join us? :D

Internet and YouTube are such a helpfull tool if you wanna do something but your not experienced. YouTube for me is mostly science channels and informative stuf. I can say I have a real big knowledge base about lots of things just because I watched YouTube. Especially came in handy for my study science I knew allot already making it easy for me to learn better and help classmates.

I can happily say I enjoy science which most people don't like. I don't read books but I read papers for fun because there so much to learn about our universe. I think it's a good think to keep on learning. Keeps your brain active
Agree so much. There is a lot of awful stuff on YouTube (just have a look at what I found on YouTube :) ) but loads of "how to" and as you say science and history. When you look at what is on the TV history channel nowadays it is a joke. Couple of my favourites are Drachinifel - YouTube and The Tank Museum - YouTube Others are mainly related to model making and making/repairing/DIY.

Users who are viewing this thread