Weekend :)

ulthart

NRU Member
13 Aug 2012
Poland
How you spent this weekend? I chose to the nearby lake. Beautiful weather, Polish golden autumn. Such a curiosity, a lake in Rybnik on which I was never freezes. This is due to the power plant which cools the water from the lake. Gets cold and hot releases. Water in winter even when -15 degrees air has about 15 degrees of heat.

chriskrass

NRU Member
17 Mar 2012
WINNENDEN GERMANY
AW: Re: Weekend :)

nice lake,but what kind of factory is that ? i bet here start the evolution

[video=youtube;faRlFsYmkeY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faRlFsYmkeY[/video]

ulthart

NRU Member
13 Aug 2012
Poland
Odp: Re: Weekend :)

possibly the lake is glowing in the night too?? lol

Lol In Poland there are no nuclear power plants are only carbon :) So without fear :)
They are for such fish :)

This sheatfish weighed 107 kg and had a 251 cm long.

Lady_Musketeer_GER

Friend of the NRU
2 May 2012
This seems to be a lovely place to spend the weekend: Good weather, plenty of time for a leisurely stroll along the peaceful lakeshore and only a few people around.

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us, Ulthart. :)

waxxzer

NRU Member
21 Jul 2014
Delft, Netherlands
Have been cycling, about 50km from our beautifull city of The Hague to Hoek van Holland. The route southbound through the dunes, then we went for the Maeslantkering, which is an impressive technical achievement, and northbound through 'Het Westland'. This area is typically filled with greenhouses and has some nice villages. See route (estimate). Didn't have my cell with me, so no pictures :(

ulthart

NRU Member
13 Aug 2012
Poland
Odp: Re: Weekend :)

Have been cycling, about 50km from our beautifull city of The Hague to Hoek van Holland. The route southbound through the dunes, then we went for the Maeslantkering, which is an impressive technical achievement, and northbound through 'Het Westland'. This area is typically filled with greenhouses and has some nice villages. See route (estimate). Didn't have my cell with me, so no pictures :(

You came 50 km bike? Respect for you :)

Mr.X

NRU Member
5 Feb 2013
Germany
Re: Odp: Re: Weekend :)

You came 50 km bike? Respect for you :)
He is dutch, thats their main vehicle, would not wonder if he had a Caravan on that bike :))

Spliffy33

21 Sep 2013
Bordeaux, FR
Re : Weekend :)

How you spent this weekend?

Playing BF of course ! What else !?
Not totally true because I was invited twice for dinners to friends' home.
So I've released some carbon dioxide too to warm up the hole air and not only the puddle near home !

glenwilson

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
We have loads of melted snow here. We call it rain though. Done nothing but rain and high winds all weekend!

Really nice photos though, have to visit Poland at some point. Closest I got was a polish girlfriend (before I was married), she had this dress with zips everywhere...l