Weekend :)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
ulthart

ulthart

NRU Member
13 Aug 2012
Poland
How you spent this weekend? I chose to the nearby lake. Beautiful weather, Polish golden autumn. Such a curiosity, a lake in Rybnik on which I was never freezes. This is due to the power plant which cools the water from the lake. Gets cold and hot releases. Water in winter even when -15 degrees air has about 15 degrees of heat.

AW: Re: Weekend :)

nice lake,but what kind of factory is that ? i bet here start the evolution

[video=youtube;faRlFsYmkeY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faRlFsYmkeY[/video]

Odp: Re: Weekend :)

possibly the lake is glowing in the night too?? lol

Lol In Poland there are no nuclear power plants are only carbon :) So without fear :)
They are for such fish :)

This sheatfish weighed 107 kg and had a 251 cm long.

This seems to be a lovely place to spend the weekend: Good weather, plenty of time for a leisurely stroll along the peaceful lakeshore and only a few people around.

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us, Ulthart. :)

Have been cycling, about 50km from our beautifull city of The Hague to Hoek van Holland. The route southbound through the dunes, then we went for the Maeslantkering, which is an impressive technical achievement, and northbound through 'Het Westland'. This area is typically filled with greenhouses and has some nice villages. See route (estimate). Didn't have my cell with me, so no pictures :(

Odp: Re: Weekend :)

Have been cycling, about 50km from our beautifull city of The Hague to Hoek van Holland. The route southbound through the dunes, then we went for the Maeslantkering, which is an impressive technical achievement, and northbound through 'Het Westland'. This area is typically filled with greenhouses and has some nice villages. See route (estimate). Didn't have my cell with me, so no pictures :(

You came 50 km bike? Respect for you :)

Re: Odp: Re: Weekend :)

You came 50 km bike? Respect for you :)
He is dutch, thats their main vehicle, would not wonder if he had a Caravan on that bike :))

Odp: Weekend :)

I bet he has the bike, because so far it went :)

Re : Weekend :)

How you spent this weekend?

Playing BF of course ! What else !?
Not totally true because I was invited twice for dinners to friends' home.
So I've released some carbon dioxide too to warm up the hole air and not only the puddle near home !

However, it may be the Christmas with snow this year. Today, finally fallen snow :)

If I lived with penguins as you, it would not do a snow impression for me;)

Re: Odp: Weekend :)

If I lived with penguins as you, it would not do a snow impression for me;)

No penguins here but drinking vodka and wrestling with bears naked after sauna on snowy backyard is very common hobby here. ;)

We have loads of melted snow here. We call it rain though. Done nothing but rain and high winds all weekend!

Really nice photos though, have to visit Poland at some point. Closest I got was a polish girlfriend (before I was married), she had this dress with zips everywhere...l

Lol this is great. ;) ;)

Attachments

• Meanwhile_2edc38_567243.jpg
    Meanwhile_2edc38_567243.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 20

Users who are viewing this thread