Week in North Wales

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Thanks! I had been there before but about 45 years ago!

Laka, the background noise are sound effects because the original on-video sound had to much wind noise. Ideally it would be nice to record decent sound at the time but it is a holiday and not a film shoot! May have a look at a microphone that can be used to see if that helps as on-camera miss are pretty bad! I also added most of the train sounds too. Most of the castles did have a lot of birds though. At one of them, a gull was nesting on one of the parapet walkways and wasn't that concerned with people walking just 50cm away.

The cottage was about 6km from Caernarfon and only a short drive from most of the other places which was great as it didn't mean spending too much time in the car getting to places. The two longest days out were to Anglesey (where the bird place was) and Harlech Castle and Cymer Abbey and Mach Loop. Though we didn't see any aircraft the scenery and castles were great.

This site ( The Castles of Wales ) has a lot of info about the castles of Wales and was useful for planning. Some are ruins but still fascinating.

I'm not a train spotter and don't have much of an interest in them either but as Isobel doesn't drive it does give me a chance to have some time away from driving and able to just enjoy the scenery. We usually see if there are any wherever we go for that reason. Wasn't cheap but we both really enjoyed the day out.

Last edited:
Laka, the background noise are sound effects because the original on-video sound had to much wind noise. Ideally it would be nice to record decent sound at the time but it is a holiday and not a film shoot! May have a look at a microphone that can be used to see if that helps as on-camera miss are pretty bad! I also added most of the train sounds too. Most of the castles did have a lot of birds though. At one of them, a gull was nesting on one of the parapet walkways and wasn't that concerned with people walking just 50cm away.

LOOOL cheater. lmao wonder why some of the audio wasn´t sync to the pics but presumed youtube messed that up.

saw the gull nesting just at the first minutes of the video. :)

Not cheating, just being creative! At least if it is cheating I don't get banned! :D The background noise was just too much and having the video silent wasn't quite right either so the sound effects were a compromise. Some of the train stuff is real though.

Users who are viewing this thread