Week in North Wales

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
We are off to Wales for the week. Looking forward to some different scenery. On the agenda is some train journeys, castles, the Mach Loop and beer. I have heard that they have the internet there and mobile phones work too! :D

Today we have been getting stuff ready and camera gear is all packed. Wife is busy dismantling the kitchen sink just in case they don't have one in the house we are renting! She isn't going to be without home comforts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 84
just imagine you both going for a trip out of civilisation like groenland, iceland, north scandinavian. just some "adventure" spots with only the basics. :D

you still have the same setup for your cam equipment but just think about what isobel have to pic together lol

well, have fun and waiting for a lot of pics. :)

Glen, I hope that you and Isobel are going to have a wonderful time.
Enjoy your holiday and come back safe and sound. :)

Thanks very much. Fortunately it is only 300 miles / 450k to drive. Looking forward to it!

Cheers

Last edited:
Hope you'll have a lovely time!

(I've requested the local lowlife to ransack your home, sell the stuff on eBay and donate the proceeds to NRU)

Hope you'll have a lovely time!

(I've requested the local lowlife to ransack your home, sell the stuff on eBay and donate the proceeds to NRU)

Fortunately the local lowlife are so lazy they probably wouldn't be bothered. Anyway they would have to get past the claymores, C4 traps and attack mice! :D

This is the forecast for near where we will be staying. We will see if that stays remotely like that. :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 75
Enjoy it Glen. Hope you both have at least some rays of sun.

Waiting impatiently on your Mach Loop pics. Maybe you can take a Video as well ! Whoooosh !

Had some nice weather yesterday. Bit cloudier today. The inside of the entrance hall at Penrhyn Castle reminded me of Darth Vader's lost cousin!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 10
^ Would be nice hear how somebody calls to taxi center and trys explain he needs taxi front of that place. :D

It goes without saying that I had to look up what this word means and I found: “Saint Mary’s Church in the hollow of the white hazel near the rapid whirlpool and the Church of Saint Tysilio of the red cave”.
Although this place name looks like a tongue twister, its meaning is rather poetic.

Beautiful pictures, Glen. :)

I had wondered where the station was and realised we had been past it twice (stupid sat nav). The village was originally known as Llanfair Pwllgwyngyll But in the 1860s changed the name as an early marketing stunt.

Waited for planes at the Mach Loop but didn't see anything. Not sure if it was to do with the weather or the time. Today, we saw a few Red Arrows going in that direction. The picture below is from one of the castles we visited. Weather has been good if not hot. Current beer tally is 32 bottles and 19 different beers (all locally brewed).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 32
Last couple of days has been castles. The picture below was taken from Conwy castle. Really nice place and had a great day there. Not been to this area since 1969 when I 11! Been a nice relaxing week.

The fun will be sorting the photos and video when we get home. Oh, and finding room for the beer....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 22
Part of the beer cache and Carnarvon castle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread