Vr

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Willibaldgamer

Willibaldgamer

Banned
29 Sep 2017
A few days ago i bought the VR Heatset from Hp (my second one after the VIVE)
I can play BF4 with a programm in Vr it looks cool, but is a bit buggy
Does any of you have a Vr heatset too?

Attachments

• 20171227_133910_MixedReality.jpg
    20171227_133910_MixedReality.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20171227_133902_MixedReality.jpg
    20171227_133902_MixedReality.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 0
Tried a few 'VR' games on iPad and have been less than impressed but I'm not comparing that to a proper VR experience using a headset. I have never used any of the headsets available so I cannot have any objective opinion. The main issue I would have is (probably) having to stand. With my knees being fecked standing for an extended period would be really painful though if it was still controlling view using a keyboard/mouse it may be a viable solution. VR and decent surround sound could produce a very immersive experience. Would be good to see what you think and if there are any advantages for playing BF that way. I can imagine that driving games would be good.

It is probably one of those chicken and egg situations where there isn't much software for them yet because there aren't many headsets out there yet. I think there is a little way to go before I would invest in a VR headset (would probably need a PC upgrade too).

I remember this from a few years ago (keep hoping irritating Jason will fall over and break something :) but he doesn't).

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

[QUOTE="I can imagine that driving games would be good.

Yes Games like Projekt Cars are very cool in VR.
And yes when you want to game in VR you will need at minimum a GTX 1070.

I want too but I might wait for the 8k headsets
ok but 8k headsets will kill your pc
My hp heatset has 2x 1400 x 1400 px and this is quite dificoult for my two 1080ti´s.
When i play BF4 in VR with Bigscreen i have around 70fps with Ultra settings. I think in 8k i would have 20fps.

strange....never had any experience with VR in battlefield before. looks interesting but for me its only a option when i use it on my chair. :D not needed to run or jump around to play the game lool
Me too lol
Bin zu faul zum Laufen:D

Reactions: lakaelo
strange....never had any experience with VR in battlefield before. looks interesting but for me its only a option when i use it on my chair. :D not needed to run or jump around to play the game lool

What annoys me is that all the in-game running never shows up on my step counter. :(

At the moment you are going to need not only decent video cards but also decent sound processing too. Video and sound location will need to be in sync otherwise you could get all sorts of issues. PC hardware isn’t currently designed with VR as a primary application so things are adapted to perform the task. If VR takes off you will then start to see system-on-a-chip designs appearing that will be purposely designed and optimised. At the moment it is like trying to make a family car into a track car. It can be done but isn’t the most effective/efficient method. Easier to design a track car from scratch and adapt that for road use.

I want to get one but like the look of the vive over the rift, but it's so much more expensive than the oculas.

I want to get one but like the look of the vive over the rift, but it's so much more expensive than the oculas.
The quality of the Mixed Reality Heatsets like the HP is the. When you play with the VIVE or Oclus you can see the pixles.

Users who are viewing this thread