Vote: Will You Buy Bf V ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Will you buy BF 5?

• Total voters
The now revealed minimum and recommended pc requirements (Details on the Battlefield V Open Beta) means I have to make a major upgrade in hardware if I want to play the game. Conclusion: no BFV for me...

I hope those of you who buy it have fun playing the game :) (no irony).

My 5yr old PC plays BF4 just fine. It plays BF1 reasonably well (not ultra settings but perfectly playable). The BF5 alpha ran as well as BF1 with no obvious issues and the map had a lot of destructible objects. Trying the BF5 beta should give a reasonable indication of the PC ability to play it.

I recently was forced to do a modest graphics card upgrade and that helps in BF4 a lot. I do have to be vigilant in making sure few apps are running in the background and Windows game mode also helps by reducing some background activity even if it is only a modest amount.

For me it will be more about the feel of the game. Playing the alpha was initially enjoyable but after a few rounds started to feel like BF1(not a good thing).

I would like to see if the gameplay is slower.
I don't know why things like the stamina system was ever removed from the game.

dude, can you please explain what exactly you meant with stamina system?
I googeled the german translation and found funny results on amazone e.g. like : fleshlight
So I am not really sure, I found exactly, what you intend to say ;-]

I'm guessing he means you can't run for ever, like in BF2 you had that bar that when depleted meant you can't run anymore till it refilled.

aahhh that makes more sense...
and yes that was a good tactical part, so I hope they included it again

but google it too, funny stuff ya will find ;-]

Also, iirc the bar went down more than 50% when you jumped. A simple mechanic to prevent bunny hopping.

Having tried BF1 again this afternoon I have to admit that BFV is not that appealing. Playing the Alpha showed there was a difference between BF1 and 5 but after the initial ‘Oooo, a new map’ feeling wore off they had a similar feel to me. I know that I play BF1 more as random than with folk I know but team work seems nonexistent. What is missing is the fun.

Playing BF4 later today was much more fun even if it was on familiar maps that I have played hundreds (if not thousands) of times before. I may be on the losing side and have a ridiculously bad k/d at the end but I had a lot of fun and it made me smile. A lot. I have never had that in BF1.

£70 (or even the £55) seems a lot for something I may not play much. So far, BF4 costs about 1.3p per hour, BF1 is currently 70p per hour. BF3 was similar to BF4.

Upload 2018 9 25 23 9 9
Thats what I think of BFV so far and I havent even played it
Have one for BF1 too
images

guess i said this before somewhere....there are some features in bf5 i really like. even more you can see the youtubers moan about that because they never played bf2 :D so they don´t know playing without autoheath and limited ammo.
but really annoying is the fact, that bf5 will not having a admin/rental server function to the release. so you can play only on rondom server without any admin. so this will kill the fun for me because i still think it would be fun to play with his own mates on our own server.

I suspect the server rental is to do with £/€/$ and another source of income but agree that would be nice to experience even on BF1. I think it is to cater for console players too who want to have their own server. Even if you rent a server in BF4 they must get some income from it through licensing but I guess it isn’t enough. Yet have a server farm isn’t going to be cheap and when most are empty there is no income from them.

The number of times on BF1 I have selected quick match and ended up on a server all alone is stupid. They don’t seem to be listening to the community.

Agree with the above. It’s quite sad isn’t it? I doubt BFV will become as liked and with the longevity as e.g. BF4. Seems like Dice/EA has lost that special BF feeling in their quest to beat CoD and in trying to modernize/tweak the game.

As someone mentioned here, an updated BF2 - that would be something...:rolleyes:

Reactions: glenwilson
Given the popularity of updated vintage (in computer terms that is) I am surprised that games like BF2 haven’t been given a visual makeover. I am sure there would be money in that and the graphics wouldn’t have to be 4K brilliant but just better than the original. People cannot afford or justify upgrading PCs every few months for each new game.

Even console games from years ago are popular because the game as good and fun to play. We are getting the old PS1 Spyro games on PS4 because they were fun to play. Visuals are important but not vital to having fun. Same with films, you can tolerate a bad picture with good sound but a good picture with dodgy sound is unwatchable.

Users who are viewing this thread