Valentine's Day Tips

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
With Valentine's Day tomorrow here are some tips for you younger folk.
  1. Listen! Find out if your Valentine likes chocolates or flowers and if so get them a few weeks in advance. The flowers may wilt but you saved money.
  2. The alternative is to 'forget' and get them cheaper on the 15th.
  3. When having an intimate moment with your loved one turn down the screen brightness on your phone to make it more romantic whilst on Facebook or Twitter.
  4. For something really special, if your loved one has a nut allergy lace their food with nuts! There will be excitement from the medical emergency and humorous photo opportunities.
  5. See below!

ACFDD2BC CE69 490A 8191 F1A464592727

Hahaha that's great!
I already made an order a week ago, she's supposed to get flowers, chocolate, a balloon (Dunno, it was a free add on) and a card saying how much i fucking hate her guts and hope to spend lots of long years together with her :).

I think i'll bake her a cake, still deciding which one though... HOWEVER:
She has a problem with the following:
1. hates cinnamon
2. hates coconut
3. doesn't likes carbonated drinks because it makes her stomach hurt
4. can't eat kiwi fruits because she has this weird allergic reaction where here tongue gets very itchy

Guess what i'm mixing in her smoothie then ;):sneaky:

Reactions: glenwilson
Isobel HATES coconut, almonds and aniseed but no allergy so no fun there - I' not prepared for the consequences of making a meal or dessert with those in. Not only would it be the death stare I'm sure there would be other cruel and unusual revenge too. :eek: So it will be a card, flowers (not roses) and a PS4 game. Dinner will be a vegetarian morocan style tagine with cous cous. With beer of course none of that fancy wine stuff. :)

forever_alone_10.jpg

d440f5d96b4f5b692cedf1014e692932.jpg

Hahaha that's great!
I already made an order a week ago, she's supposed to get flowers, chocolate, a balloon (Dunno, it was a free add on) and a card saying how much i fucking hate her guts and hope to spend lots of long years together with her :).

I think i'll bake her a cake, still deciding which one though... HOWEVER:
She has a problem with the following:
1. hates cinnamon
2. hates coconut
3. doesn't likes carbonated drinks because it makes her stomach hurt
4. can't eat kiwi fruits because she has this weird allergic reaction where here tongue gets very itchy

Guess what i'm mixing in her smoothie then ;):sneaky:

simply....eat her :D
--- Post updated ---
me and sandra are easy in this. only in our first year i bought here some roses for valentine. than we are equal with out opinion, not to throw away our money for some crap. even more we "giving us something else" over the year.
but we are seriously wired in this things. so never celebrated our wedding day ever. last year facebook remind us at that in the morning lol

Isobel HATES coconut, almonds and aniseed but no allergy so no fun there - I' not prepared for the consequences of making a meal or dessert with those in. Not only would it be the death stare I'm sure there would be other cruel and unusual revenge too. :eek: So it will be a card, flowers (not roses) and a PS4 game. Dinner will be a vegetarian morocan style tagine with cous cous. With beer of course none of that fancy wine stuff. :)

That's very nice! you know you're on the first step of alcoholism when someone mentions beer in a comment and you feel like you just HAVE to open one.

simply....eat her :D

I promise.
But yeah i'm sure the celebrations will be cheaper and less special with time, as i get older and nearly dead. like Glen. huehuehue.
But not in a bad way... when you're together a lot of time you love each other no matter what and you don't need a big special reminder... however it is nice to do something nice once in a while.

To be honest we do acknowledge special days a little. Birthdays and Christmas we set a modest budget (most of the things I would like tend to be £30K or above) but we do get things at other times too. We do re-use birthday and Christmas cards - we are not mean but if you like something...

Wedding anniversary is the only one Isobel would really get annoyed if I missed.

Thank god we have Facebook. otherwise i'd be dead so many times due to forgotten birthdays and stuff...

Yes, can never have too many reminders!
--- Post updated ---
This is what I got this morning. She knows me so well. Coffee and alcohol in one bottle. IMG 1512

Best Valentine's day tip: don't forget that it's Champions League time today.

This is what I got this morning. She knows me so well. View attachment 3794
Best Valentine's day tip: don't forget that it's Champions League time today.

Pah, for me it is English Championship match day!

Never tried this one, but i enjoy the idea of coffee liqueur, but i tasted only one and it was great, Sheridan's.
Ever tried it?

No not tried that one. Had a very tiny sip of Mr Black and was impressed ( Cold Press Coffee Liqueur | Mr Black Spirits ). I also really like Illyquore ( ILLYQUORE coffee liqueur ) which is similar to Mr Black. Another one that is hard to get here is Chouffe Coffee ( Brewery Achouffe ) that is a coffee liqueur but also has beer and gain alcohol - bit of an acquired taste but still enjoyable. Some of the other ones tend to be too sweet for me and are not coffee enough. :)

Had a very tiny sip of Mr Black and was impressed ( Cold Press Coffee Liqueur | Mr Black Spirits ). I also really like Illyquore ( ILLYQUORE coffee liqueur ) which is similar to Mr Black. Another one that is hard to get here is Chouffe Coffee ( Brewery Achouffe ) that is a coffee liqueur but also has beer and gain alcohol - bit of an acquired taste but still enjoyable. Some of the other ones tend to be too sweet for me and are not coffee enough. :)

Ads are getting smarter these days, developing a full set of memories, shaping personalities, growing a conscience. Glen was waiting his whole life for the great opportunity to advertise these products and now as his mission is fulfilled he'll just get recycled and re-purposed for some shampoo and conditioner living advert... the time we spent together was wonderful, farewell my good old ad, i hope you'll bring commerce and capitalism to more people in the future.

On a serious note though, i'll see if we have any of this here and i'll gladly give it a try :)

Ads are getting smarter these days, developing a full set of memories, shaping personalities, growing a conscience. Glen was waiting his whole life for the great opportunity to advertise these products and now as his mission is fulfilled he'll just get recycled and re-purposed for some shampoo and conditioner living advert... the time we spent together was wonderful, farewell my good old ad, i hope you'll bring commerce and capitalism to more people in the future.

On a serious note though, i'll see if we have any of this here and i'll gladly give it a try :)

lol - I have tried most of them but anything with coffee has me! I was depressed for ages when Coca-Cola ceased production of Coca-Cola Black. Tried Coke and espresso but not quite the same!

Users who are viewing this thread