Usa And Canada

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Been here for a week now and have seen whales! Today was supposed to drive the Lambo, Ferrari, Corvette, and GTR but just as we got there the heavens opened and it was cancelled. Rebooked for next Thursday so hopefully... It won't rain.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    818.7 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: AndyS40 and lakaelo
Today it was absolutely pissing down! Got soaked through and felt like the bear we saw - damp. Had expected to have taken loads of pictures by now but with the weather not seen much to take. Going to try poutine tomorrow. Have hands some great beers though.

Plus Canadians seem to drive like Belgians but worse - mirror, signal, oh f*** it I'm going anyway...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
Had some more great beer. Really like that you can go to Safeway and get a growler of draft beer.

As a tourist, Canada is quite cheap. Exchange rate working in our favour with somethings about half normal price. :)

A Ford Focus Titanium at home costs £23k but here the same model and spec would cost the C$23k or about £12k!

Reactions: lakaelo
Was going through the pics today. Didn't take many because of the weather. Even the video isn't that exciting. Most of it was due to the weather.

We are thinking of Dubai next year. Trying raining on us there Mother Nature!

Reactions: Steffos666
Outstanding scenery and impressive wildlife, picturesque harbours and majestic mountain ranges, stunning forests and fantastic bays, beguiling waterfalls and untouched nature – this is what I call a feast for the eye.

Absolutely beautiful, Glen... even in the rain. :)

I don't judge how good a holiday is by the number of photos but this year I only took about 500. For some holidays it can be about 3,000. In the US you can usually find somewhere to stop and enjoy the scenery but there were few places in Canada where you could stop, take some photos and then just sit and enjoy the scenery around you. Where there was a picnic area it was usually within a forest. Though you can enjoy the trees you miss a lot of the mountain views.

The rain did affect us. We lost about four days to it. Didn't stop us going out but did put a dampener (sorry) on things. Isobel also got a really good cough and cold on the plane over which didn't help. We got up at 02:00 on the Saturday we left. Got to Heathrow to discover the flight to Houston was delayed 5 hours which meant our connection was missed. We got to our Seattle hotel at 02:00 on Sunday. So we had about 6 hours sleep in about 40 hours. The driving experience I had booked got cancelled (twice) because of rain. Though they were not afraid of having the cars in the rain the main reason was that it wouldn't be as much fun driving a Lamborghini or Ferrari if it was wet meaning you wouldn't be able to have some fun in them (within speed limits).

Canadians seem to be less friendly than their US cousins but the holiday did give us the motivation to go back to some other areas. We are also looking at possibly getting the ferry from Bellingham up to Alaska.

Reactions: lakaelo

Users who are viewing this thread