Unrelated vote

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Which one?

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Spitfire

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Hurricane

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have these pics but they are nothing to do with the vote!

I have a few small kits I got from Aldi and Lidl and fancied doing something different to the usual camo stuff. Will have a go at printing off some NRU decals for them too. :D

Below is a TU-160 and a Scammell tank transporter

BFE7D290 9997 4316 8558 3EA43D801B0D 3BB7AE6F 37B9 47D4 9F9C 145D5DBE952C

I have these pics but they are nothing to do with the vote!

I have a few small kits I got from Aldi and Lidl and fancied doing something different to the usual camo stuff. Will have a go at printing off some NRU decals for them too. :D

Below is a TU-160 and a Scammell tank transporter

View attachment 14221View attachment 14222
doode those engine detailing <3 truck is 1:72 right? If it is i know the kit, very nice detailing of it. Where do you print custom decals? Just order from on line? Beautifull work.

Truck is 1/35 by Thunder Models. A lot of the pipe work isn't to scale but would be invisible if it was but sort of looks Ok. Just various sizes of copper pipe and for the air lines plastic tube. Used wood veneer for the cab floors. Not finished yet as I need to do the tank that is going on it and add all the chains holding it down and the winch cables. Sort of thinking it was a restored version rather than a 1940s replica. 🙂

Pic is of the Airfix kits. Lidl/Aldi often do these for £5 but would normally be about £10+.

2DB72B5F C5FA 493F BB7B 3BC6A7421736

View attachment trim.EEC30563-030C-4F5A-8A49-7075D33825B4.MOV

For £5 you get a decent kit, most are newish ( some of the boat kits are even older than I am!! but still fun to do). You also get a brush (which is reasonable quality), some paints (they really need to be diluted with water if brush painting so you don't see brush marks and do about 3 coats) and some glue which is ok. Only other bits you really need is a knife or small scissors to cut parts of the sprue and some cocktail sticks (used for putting on the glue) and some sort of sander - cheap nail sanding sticks/sponges work well. Remember to use a cover for the surface you are working on - newspaper.

I started doing kits about 3 years ago after a 45 year break and the biggest differences was glue! The quick setting stuff you get now compared to the stuff you get with the kit makes so much difference.

One of those things where you can spend a lot of time doing the cockpit and you will never see any of it so just gave the pilot a quick paint and then got most of it together ready for the radioactive llama poo paint scheme. 😊

035B4FF7 8110 4B8D 9C2A 58C92D0F11F2 889A10E3 4A53 48E5 AAEE 00B4745B0DB8 FA20526B C0D2 4A46 ACA9 37B70B103298 8DECDEA6 9356 465B 9AC7 06DE897FD0C8

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Riot_co and lakaelo
Just wanted to mention that normally I would remove all the ejector pin marks (created when the sprue is pushed out of the mould) especially those marked in red. In a bigger scale kit you might be able to see those. The ones on black you would never see but you do have to be careful incase they stop the two halves joining properly.

C3BA1307 3B2B 4B9D BCE2 1662276EFFE3

Reactions: Riot_co
Just wanted to mention that normally I would remove all the ejector pin marks (created when the sprue is pushed out of the mould) especially those marked in red. In a bigger scale kit you might be able to see those. The ones on black you would never see but you do have to be careful incase they stop the two halves joining properly.
really shame on you that you not remove that. :rolleyes: :tbag:

• Haha
Should have remembered my school painting experience of mixing colours. Keep anding stuff and you always get a brown! Happy with it though, will varnish it and then get some panel liner on it and some pigments on the exhaust. Def recommend these kits if you can get them cheap. Perfectly OK at normal price too.

Yes, is similar to the African cammo base colour. Thought about that but couldn't be bothered masking it - yep just lazy.

• Love
Yes. Just print on the ink jet and leave to dry for a day. Then use a decal solution to coat them with Microscale's Micro Liquid Decal Film and leave that to dry for a day.
Cut out and a quick dunk in water and slide them on. Need practice creating and using them though.

These are on a white background but you can get some clear background paper for anything without white unless you have a colour printer that can print white. I think laser printers would be better as the pigment is fused into the paper and less likely to be prone to the ink running.

Users who are viewing this thread