Treasure Hunt / For Fun

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Mr.X

Mr.X

NRU Member
5 Feb 2013
Germany
Saw that in the news today. A mystery about a pirate treasure of Le Vasseur La Buse. The way to the treasure is in this text. It's in French, maybe someone can translate it so we can stick our brains together. Remember it's in old pirate slang so you have to put some "arrgs" and "ey's" in. ;)

aprè jmez une paire de pijon tiresket
2 doeurs sqeseaj tête cheral funekort
filttinshientecu prenez une cullière
de mielle ef ovtre fous en faites une ongat
mettez sur ke patai de la pertotitousn
vpulezolvs prenez 2 let cassé sur le che
min il faut qoe ut toit a noitie couue
povr en pecger une femme dhrengt vous n ave
eua vous serer la dobaucfea et pour ve
ngraai et por epingle oueiuileturlor
eiljn our la ire piter un chien tupqun
lenen de la mer de bien tecjeet sur ru
nvovl en quilnise iudf kuue femm rq
i veut se faire dun hmetsedete s/u dre
dans duui ooun dormir un homm r
esscfvmm / pl faut n rendre udlq
u un diffur qecieefurtetlesl

Last edited:
Google Translate:

Remember that he is in the slang of old pirate;) After jmez a pair of pijon tiresket2 doctors sqeseaj head cherune funekortFilttinshientecu take a cullière From honey and ovtre crazy make a natatKey on patai of the nightVpulezolvs take 2 leave broken on The way you need to cut a woman in order to seduce a woman dhrengt you will have to serve you the dobaucfea and for velle and pinu or ouiiileturloril we to piter a dog tupqunnen of the sea of well tecje and on ruvovl in quilnise iudf kuue femm rqe Want to make a hmetsedete s / u dre In the case of sleeping a homm resEsscfvmm / pl ought to make udlqU a diffc qecieefurtetl

Really makes sense now. I selected French to English but think I got French to Donald Trump Speak :)

Reactions: RIZLOID and lakaelo
Google Translate:

Remember that he is in the slang of old pirate;) After jmez a pair of pijon tiresket2 doctors sqeseaj head cherune funekortFilttinshientecu take a cullière From honey and ovtre crazy make a natatKey on patai of the nightVpulezolvs take 2 leave broken on The way you need to cut a woman in order to seduce a woman dhrengt you will have to serve you the dobaucfea and for velle and pinu or ouiiileturloril we to piter a dog tupqunnen of the sea of well tecje and on ruvovl in quilnise iudf kuue femm rqe Want to make a hmetsedete s / u dre In the case of sleeping a homm resEsscfvmm / pl ought to make udlqU a diffc qecieefurtetl

Really makes sense now. I selected French to English but think I got French to Donald Trump Speak :)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

This is no “pure” French text which can be translated word by word but a cryptogramm.

I am going to translate the words which are genuine French:

aprè jmez une paire de pijon tiresket aprè must be après which means after, une paire = a pair of
2 doeurs sqeseaj tête cheral funekort tête = head
filttinshientecu prenez une cullière prenez = take, une cullière = Old French for cuillère = spoon

de mielle ef ovtre fous en faites une ongat de mielle might be de miel = of honey / fous is the pural form of the adjective fou = mad, insane /
faites might be the second person plural of the verb faire = you make
There is still another possibility: If fous is another way of writing ‘vous’ (= you),
‘vous en faites une xyz...” can be translated as: ‘Make a xyz out of it’

mettez sur ke patai de la pertotitousn mettez = put, sur = on, de la = of the
vpulezolvs prenez 2 let cassé sur le che prenez = take, cassé = broken, sur le = on the
min il faut qoe ut toit a noitie couue il faut qoe might be il faut que = it is necessary that / toit = roof
povr en pecger une femme dhrengt vous n ave povr can be pour = for, in order to / une femme = a woman / vous = you
eua vous serer la dobaucfea et pour ve vous = you / pour = for, in order to
ngraai et por epingle oueiuileturlor épingle = pin
eiljn our la ire piter un chien tupqun ire = fury, wrath / un chien = a dog
lenen de la mer de bien tecjeet sur ru de la mer = of the sea, / de bien = of good/well / sur = on
nvovl en quilnise iudf kuue femm rq en = in
i veut se faire dun hmetsedete s/u dre i veut se faire might be il veut se faire = he wants to make himself
dans duui ooun dormir un homm r dans = in, inside / dormir = to sleep / un homm = un homme = a man
esscfvmm / pl faut n rendre udlq faut is the third person singuar (simple present tense) of the verb falloir = he, she, it must / rendre = to give back, to take back
u un diffur qecieefurtetlesl un = a, one

With all these strange “facts” at hand I dare say that the treasure still stays undetected. :)
Sorry, Mr X. ;)

Reactions: Mr.X and glenwilson
Sorry again... this time for the awful typeface and the bad readability of the text.
I didn’t manage to present it in a better way. :-(

Reactions: Mr.X and glenwilson

Users who are viewing this thread