Too much hate!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
I have to come out and say that I absolutely hate super glue. If it is the runny stuff or the gel stuff I hate it with a passion.

If you need to attach a piece metal to a piece of plastic you cannot use normal plastic glue. So I put a drop of the super glue on a dish, then use the end of a cocktail stick to put a tiny amount of glue on the plastic. Then use tweezers to pick up the metal piece and position it where I want it. Perfect. Except the metal bit is now glued to my finger which is glued to my other fingers which also has the piece of plastic glued to them.

Plan B: use nitrile gloves. Makes no difference. Nothing is stuck to what it is meantto be stuck too.

Plan C: Use reverse logic. Try and glue my fingers together to see if the metal will then be stuck to the plastic. Nope, just have fingers that are stuck together and the metal and plastic are like:
:tbag:

So I said to the Mrs that I wont be using the rest of the metal parts in the kit and she obviously hates me so much that she said it is such a shame not to use them. Now making me feel even worse. The she said, Oh, you may not like one or two of your Christmas presents. What the hell has she got me? A CA glue gift pack? A subscription to super glue of the month club?

These are the sort of things. The box (about 1cm square) wasnโ€™t too bad but the bits on the hook things is about 1mm x 2mm. The best is yet to come! There are catches that hold tools onto the side of the tank that are made from three separate parts for a final size of about 1.5mm. Hoping I am getting a microscope for Christmas. ๐Ÿ˜

3mm C3FC58E7 9746 4D4D A161 5B8E7A269398 76B84965 0707 4979 8F63 25D86FC9C525 A0341D83 C470 40AC A411 FB611B138B8A

:ROFLMAO: Hate that stuff too. One occasion when I needed to use super glue from an old tube which the top was glued hard to the tube and wouldnt undo, so made the mistake of holding the top in my teeth and the tube in my hand. Was pleased when it gave way but it wasnt the lid that gave way, was the tube that twisted and ruptured leaking the glue down my 4 fingers, all stuck together. Took days of filing that shit off my hand ( a painful experience ) :mad:
This might be your answer Glen

Ontel Products 5 Second Fix Liquid Plastic Welding Tool for sale online | eBay

Loooooooooool <deep breath> looooooooooooooooooool Was expecting the tube stuck to the lips.๐Ÿ˜

Yesterday I was doing some the detail parts and unlocked a few new achievements:

Glue craft knife to fingers โœ…
Glue part to tweezers rather than where you want โœ…
Glue tweezers together โœ…

I also tried some PVA glue which works reasonably well on some parts as you get about 15 minutes before it sets which is fine for parts where you can wait.

Hard ordered some spray accelerant for CA glue as sometimes it still doesnโ€™t set fast enough. For places where the join is not visible sprinkle baking powder on it. It becomes hard enough to shape with a file.

i have found the best way to get super glue of skin is to use a nail sanding stick. Gets rid of most of it and at least removes that horrible feeling it gives. The downside is TouchID on the phone/iPad doesnโ€™t work for a few days. Must try that when we next go to the US and they finger print you on entry.

Users who are viewing this thread