Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Since we have a curfew in the Netherlands froat22:0am till 6:00am I didn't really go outside at night.

Especially after catching Corona. Luckily im allowed to go outside in those times because my
Therapist give me an exlucion for the rule. I have anxiety and one of the things that really help if I get a panic attack is taking a walk.

Today I took advantage of it and went outside while it was extremely dark. Those pictures are shot on my phone and my camera really struggles in those pitch black condition (I had a hard time seeing myself)

I'm a person that really loves the night. I've always been a night person and spend lots of night just awake. Spending my time outside by walking at night is one of the most peacefull things I do in my life. There is something special about the streets at night. The emptyness and silence makes me feel funny and makes me think. Nothing there but some houses have lights on making me think about what it going on behind the lights. It makes me think about how life is so different for everyone. Most people are sleeping yet here I am wondering about the beauty of the night. Having my own experience while people are resting till they start there next daily experience of life.

Im quite a twisted mind and never really seen the joy in life. But wondering at night makes me feel good and happy about the world. This and playing games with the family (NRU) really help me trough thick and thin.

TL:DR

I spend night outside and some emotional thoughts. Enjoy the pics

Thanks guys :) IMG20210417054952 IMG20210417054330

The biggest problem with night photography is noise but a lot of camera sensors now are pretty good. When I was debating on what phone to get I really did consider getting a 12 because of the nighttime camera capabilities. Went with the SE as couldn't really justify the cost. Not taken many night images but the SE seems to be OK. Those pics though are really good.

Aparently we are having a 'day off'. After repairing the decking, getting ready to make plantersto replace the old rotted one that will be nice! Did a lot of lifting yesterday. Woke up today really stiff. Here is a picture of my morning wood!
43EA76BD 8CFF 43BD 9FB0 43EADC752459

So this happend like two streets away from my house. I heard sirens in the morning, but since we live near to the hospital, its a common thing. Like an hour later I was checking news when I saw this. This idiot was escaping the police (he was already banned from driving) for like 5 kms from the neighbouring town, there, when my family and I walk every day, he crashed into another driver on the junction, but he escaped even further on the sidewalk, where he finally hit the tree . Happily he was the only one injured. SmartSelect 20210418 181504 Facebook
(not my photo)
Luckily there was noone on the sidewalk probably or they stepped aside, this idiot could have killed someone. He was tested positive on drugs after in the hospital. Some people should just never get on a bicycle, much less behind the wheel.

After building the box I was just getting some protective stain on it - awful colour but won't be seen anyway. The blackbird had been following us around the garden for asking for food so thew Mrs put some down. After getting a mouthful it flew off (a bit like in the video below) but was straight at me. It just swerved at the last second and I could feel its wing brush my face. Amost a stupid rammer moment! Stayed out of the flight path when it came back!

Also, as we are moving plants, building boxes and so on the Mrs is terrified that it will look like we are burying bodies in the garden on sattelite photos! 🤣

View attachment trim.28BE214B-30CD-422E-8546-0F83B184DF81.MOV

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread