Todays View

glenwilson

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
🤮

No scenic walks for us, pishing down and windy as hell. This guy was looking for breakfast this morning. He has been around for a while (several years). Can tell it is the same one as the spots on the back can be used to identify them. We had his Mrs in the garden the other day but she was about 1.5x his size, 5x as scary (but not as scary as the picture above) and was trying to get sparrows inside the bushes! Not the sharpest of pictures as he kept moving.

sparrowhawk.jpg

glenwilson

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Just for info the pic was taken with my cheap 70-300mm Sigma zoom that was on sale for about £80 (end of line stock). Not the fastest or best lens but handy for this sort of shot in the garden and a lot less heavy than the 70-200mm! Cropped and just tweaked a bit in an old version of Photoshop.

glenwilson

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Phase two of decorating starts today. This will involve the moving of furniture and specificly that means the computer desk. I will hold out as only as possible but suspect that I may not be BFing this week.

Phase 3 will be getting the flooring done.

glenwilson

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Easy to just hit the like button for that picture (as with many of the others people are posting) without saying what a great picture.Was scrolling down and noticed you could have three great pictures, the original, one with just the sun and horizon and the other with just the rocks.

ItsDABAUZZ

NRU Member
27 Jul 2020
The Hague, Netherlands
we where 3 times in kijkkduin at the atlantic beach hotel for some short trips but never made it into the city. guess we missed something.
Ah Kijkduin, nice. There were some nice restaurants there, but unfortunately they are currently being rebuild.

This is in the city center, it houses the meeting place of both houses of the States General of the Netherlands, as well as the Ministry of General Affairs and the office of the Prime Minister of the Netherlands.