Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Todays Review :rolleyes:
Today I had to take part in a Driver Awareness Scheme after being caught by a camera doing 58mph in a 50mph zone. Punishment £100 fine and 3 points on license or the option of the DAS, cost £120 and no points on license. 2 hours of listening to someone rumbling on about statistics but no endorsement on license :cool:. I spotted the white van with the funny little windows at the back and pointed it out to my wife but didnt think I was speeding. Good job it wasnt on the motorway 10mins earlier where I was doing nearly twice the speed limit 🙏. I must admit Ive been very lucky as Im always that car in the fast lane behind you flashing the headlights "Put your foot down or move over". Of course I didnt mention I had driven an ambulance at high speeds (legally) for 15 years, as the answer would have been "of all people you should know better"😂.
Thats my Todays Review with quite a good and lucky outcome (y)

58mph = 93kmh
50mph = 80kmh about

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: General_Misery
58mph in a 50mph zone. Punishment £100 fine and 3 points on license

Speeding is pretty expensive in Britain. In Germany they wanted to double the price of speeding and what you did would have cost exactly 40 euros with the new speeding bills.
But because you get 3 km/h substracted for tolerance it would have been 20 euros only.
Both no points or something.
With the old prices it would be 10 or 20 euros.

Speeding is pretty expensive in Britain. In Germany they wanted to double the price of speeding and what you did would have cost exactly 40 euros with the new speeding bills.
But because you get 3 km/h substracted for tolerance it would have been 20 euros only.
Both no points or something.
With the old prices it would be 10 or 20 euros.

I'll try to remember the next time I fancy a bit of speeding to come to Germany (y) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My only speeding ticket was doing 78 on the motorway on a Sunday morning with literally no other cars on the road. We were actually trying to get to my mother-in-law as she was in hospital and we had had the get here quick phone call. Whilst not condoning exceeding limit the use of cameras makes it a good revenue source.

What really gets me is that speeding isn’t particularly unsafe as other countries have higher limits. Chances are if you crash when even going the limit on a motorway your chance of survival isn’t going to be good. Going faster just increases the spread.

You see so many complete dicks driving around town that are more dangerous than a few mph over the limit.

Hope to have some day out pics later but for now… 255B866F 56DA 4655 9392 FADE2E6D32C7

We went to the Arbroath area today. The Mrs used to live around that area when she was a kid. Somjust some scenic photos of the area and a priory that was nearby. And no Heiki, we were not there when it was built. 😁 Weather was actually quite pleasant.

Attachments

• 118287B0-CAB4-43FE-B7F3-6730E2E554B7.jpeg
    118287B0-CAB4-43FE-B7F3-6730E2E554B7.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 9
  • B178E0F0-1BEA-4449-8433-996D35D4614E.jpeg
    B178E0F0-1BEA-4449-8433-996D35D4614E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • 00894A87-0CE4-4FC9-9DAE-A4A6611C209E.jpeg
    00894A87-0CE4-4FC9-9DAE-A4A6611C209E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • F82B1367-A850-43F4-B971-E40F49E8A2A1.jpeg
    F82B1367-A850-43F4-B971-E40F49E8A2A1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • 7B2AEDD0-31FA-4A09-A3C9-D7993DCD0EAD.jpeg
    7B2AEDD0-31FA-4A09-A3C9-D7993DCD0EAD.jpeg
    295.1 KB · Views: 9
The priory was built in 1100 so all was well. Plague wasn’t around in then and didn’t really appear until 14th century so we were OK. 😎

First hand information from somebody who saw things himself is always most accurate. :D

• Haha
Reactions: lakaelo
That is so true. In those days we didn’t have cameras so we had to make small busts. Here is one of me when I was on the crusades - working as a subversive trying to tell them what a waste of time and lives that it was. Being imortal it is hard to keep track of travels and stuff it would be much easier just to time travel - I will have to wait another 112 years before that happens, allegedly. 🤫
005CB545 A153 4405 8CD8 38ECEE9701BC

Reactions: Lady_Musketeer_GER
That is so true. In those days we didn’t have cameras so we had to make small busts. Here is one of me when I was on the crusades - working as a subversive trying to tell them what a waste of time and lives that it was. Being imortal it is hard to keep track of travels and stuff it would be much easier just to time travel - I will have to wait another 112 years before that happens, allegedly. 🤫
View attachment 6675
Lier. That is Sean Connery. 😂😂

Reactions: Lady_Musketeer_GER
Exciting day of shopping and a visit to the Edinburgh Apple store. New iPad Air had stutters that make the BF server lag look like nothing. Tap the screen or type and nothing would happen for about 3 seconds. Seen people complain about it and some were hardware issues. The cure? Factory restore but don’t load from a backup. Sounds fine in practice but I will never complain about restoring a PC again! Spent about 4 hours just setting up email and a few other apps.

After the Apple store is was off to Costco. At one place just saw a seagull swoop and nearly hit the windscreen. The seagull must have shit itself. Not only that, it shit itself through the fecking window. It was everywhere. 🤬

Should have added that when getting the iPad seen to the Mrs went for a wander. I got back to the car and waited. Then I get a message, Where are you, car has gone???? Me: Sitting in car where we left it. Her: No it has gone. Eventually phoned her. She was waiting somewhere else where we hadn’t parked the car!!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: We4re0ne

Users who are viewing this thread