Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Despite the weather it is one of my favourite places. Was just nice to be able to sit and take in the views. There weren’t too many people about either as it can get really busy. Some of the early Harry Potters scenes were filmed around there. We want to do the train ride from Fort William to Mallaig at some point and also do more of the islands up north.

My favourite place to go is probably Bryce Canyon. We left Vegas in T-Shirt snd shorts and drove there. Vegas was 100° and it was snowing at Bryce! Just a stunning place.

Reactions: FreakingRage
Bryce Canyon: I concur. Went on a two month Greyhound bus trip from the east coast to the west coast of the US in 1978 with my best buddy and visiting that place was one of the highlights of the trip.

Another memory: a US dollar was 4.20 Swedish krona at the time, now close to 10 🙁. Even of we were students with limited funds we bought jeans and other stuff at bargain prices. Not to mention food and lodging - happy days...

Bryce is an amazing place and different at each time of day. Would love to do a long road trip over there but the Mrs doesn’t like not having accommodation booked and would be in panic mode. Whilst we have done some of the usual touristy things we have been to a lot of the lesser known national parks and places which is often more rewarding than the New York and Florida. Same ore Europe too. By renting somewhere in a village or town you get to know and enjoy the culture. Will really miss having the freedom of travel we currently have. ☹️

Reactions: General_Misery
That is one determined feline.

I would have a picture for you but I cannot afford the therapy you would need so you will have to imagine the scene....

I wake up during the night. Thinks, yes I will go and check that the bathroom is OK and whilst there use it to check the plumbing is working. So, gets out of bed. My knee thinks, sod that, and gives way. I hit the floor and am stuck between bed and the wall. Eventually shuffle enough to get up. It is just a corner that sticks out not that the room is that small. Anyway, no rushing to check I am OK from Mrs. This morning Mrs says ‘Is your iPad OK?’ Me: ‘What do you mean?’ Mrs:’Heard a thump and thought your iPad had fallen off the bed.’ Me: ‘No, that was me hitting the floor.’ Mrs: ‘Oh, you woke me up but I went back to sleep quick enough.’ Me: 😑

• Wow
Reactions: General_Misery
Lazy start to Sunday (until the caffeine kicks in). Apparently I have to do the ironing and fix the bird table before playing BF today!! A bit too early for beer.

C08B8651 BDFB 45A5 BA46 59DA2E277BA8

Reactions: lakaelo

Users who are viewing this thread