Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Slow worm i.e. a legless lizard aka ”copper snake” or copper lizard” as it’s called here. We get to see them quite often, looks really special with that metalic look 🙂

Got a new iPad for my birthday. Old one was 8 years old and battery is knacked. Still of some use though. Got a cheap (alternative to the apple) pencil to go with it. Played around following a Bob Ross video. Obviously need some practice. 🤣 Original version first, then mine plus time lapse.

97CAD5BD 593C 4FE4 A207 E42C3CD53D53

9957FD7B 9632 4C05 BB10 93CF7AF12507

View attachment IMG_0013.mp4

We have been lucky in that I have never seen a rat. We do have a lot of bird food that is a potential food for them but still never seen any. My mum gets them and even had on come into the house. That is mainly because some of her neighbours rent the houses and use the garden as a waste dump.

Mice though. Never had them in the house but have had them in the loft and garage (where the bird food is stored). Couldn't figure how they were getting into the loft or garage until we found a gap leading from the garage into the loft (we are in a bungalow). Eventually traced their route. The garage wall is two walls of brick with a gap between and that seemed to be part of the route. So, covered the gap in the wall with plywood and one area just filled with expanding foam. Also blocked the route into the loft with plywood and expanding foam. Also put some baffles up which means Mission Impossible manoeuvres if they are really keen. Then made sure that the rear garage door had no gaps and also the garage door itself. Since then no loft mice.

That “haven’t you got enough photos of me look”.

Most of the places around here seem to be where they used to burn witches.

Glen and Riz, you’re both right 😄 but she’s actually a happy little dog despite the grumpy look. If her tail movement is any indication, she can stand me even if she’s a real mummy’s girl 🙄
On the other hand, William and I have formed an all-male alliance and this is my captain after an exhausting morning (having breakfast and taking a dump):
13FB0F34 842D 471E 80D4 1D2CE326B550

Not sure it is cheating as that was done in one go without erasing anything. Tempted to try oil painting as I need to get some oils for weathering models so might get a small canvas to have a try. In Procreate (the app used) you have basically all the stuff you need without the cost of brushes. Like most things it is a trade off. Oils can be €2 per tube or €200. Same for brushes, set of 5 fine brushes can be €5 or upto €80.

Users who are viewing this thread