Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Order food on the net and have it delivered to your door is excellent they said - behold a regular cheese with a touch of a finer cheese 🤢:
A26237C7 9FA4 4B55 97E4 6214E24BEA81

• Sad
Reactions: lakaelo
Given the best before date it looks like the packaging was compromised and not sealed properly. To be honest, I would just cut the enhancement off and eat.

So this afternoon I was playing BF4. Had the window open as it was quite a pleasant day. Saw something moving so looked out the window and the blackbird was on top of the feeder staring at me! Once he saw that I noticed him he ran off to garage door that leads to the garden. When I didn’t move (it was a strange sequence in the game where I didn’t get killed for at least a few minutes ha came back and stared at the window. On death I went out to the garage...

View attachment trim.3A94F8F1-9045-4BB4-ABFB-8AF432A986E0.MOV

Reactions: General_Misery
So many of the best cheeses have green/blue mould deliberately. Roquefort, stilton, gorgonzola… yum.

A cheesemonger who I saw do a presentation a few years ago said that mould on cheese is Ok and can be cut off and the cheese used.

The sun yesterday was complete orange and huge. Sadly the image can't really represent it.

Was that just out of the camera or tweaked at all? Only out of curiosity as it has just a nice balance and tones. One of those pictures you can just look at and enjoy because it captures a beautiful moment and there isn’t anything in it that distracts you.

It looks beautiful! no matter whether it is what you saw ;)! Sunsets are really hard to photograph without some kind of HDR. I'm too stupid for it.
Thanks! Yes, that is really hard. I used the HDR mode from my smartphone camera for that, however that one isn't as good as others may be. Sadly I had only a few minutes for walking up and taking the photo until the sun disappeared behind the clouds.

Was that just out of the camera or tweaked at all? Only out of curiosity as it has just a nice balance and tones. One of those pictures you can just look at and enjoy because it captures a beautiful moment and there isn’t anything in it that distracts you.
For me it's always that photos made by others are more satisfying than my own. As mentioned above, only the HDR mode of my camera. Otherwise I did not tweak anything.

The only thing I would criticise is that you could have moved the sun so it was exactly between the gap in the trees. 😁 How hard would that be with an extremely long stick to nudge it with. While you had the stick fluff up the clouds a little.

Seriously, I really get a lot of pleasure out of that picture - thanks for sharing.

Reactions: We4re0ne
Yeah :D The time was it. After taking the picture I moved on fast to get behind that trees to see whether I can get another great picture, but then it was already gone. On my left there wasn't really space to move to, otherwise I would have tried to get it perfectly aligned.

I'll continue to share them. I really like this thread too! :)

I really was joking about the sun. I have used various apps to predict where it will be at certain times but it moves surprisingly fast and you end up with little time.

Reactions: We4re0ne
Here are some more from today :) The second image resulted of me playing with my camera settings, so it's a bit adjusted. The other ones are just HDR images made with my smartphone again. Hopefully they are larger and with better quality this time.

IMG 20200617 210843 IMG 20200617 203236 IMG 20200617 205948 IMG 20200617 203044

Here my two favorites linked to the original size :)

Next time I will try to get the horizon straight.

Last edited:
They are great. Realling looking forward to being able to go out and enjoy the countryside again.

So today I though set the camera up to get some decent photos of the blackbird asking for food. Was in the garage for about 2.5 hrs. Did some sawing of shelves, moved an electric socket and added a couple of USB charging ports, then fitted permanently an LED panel that I temporarily had fitted. Did he show? Nope. Went inside looked out the window and he was there!

Yes I have done sawing and stuff and he appears. Try again tomorrow!

Last edited:
Caption: old man on walk with wife and dog reaches for mobile in pants to take photo of scenic creek. Stuck on the back of said mobile’s sticky plastic cover is driving license, old man watch in horror how license plummets fast in to very muddy and 1 meter deep creek. Wife screams and then laughs, dog bewildered. Heroic attempt to retreive license end in epic fail but leaves man with wet underpants and eternal ridicule.
80AF145D CF57 4181 8D15 82125A233DAB Å

Russia, if you are listening, people would really like those photos found.

Nothing that exciting from here, just a view of the garden and the Forth Valley at the back.

D976BFB7 DE34 439F 96F4 85959AD9E294

Reactions: Osman883

Users who are viewing this thread