Todays View

glenwilson

NRU Heed
Will be really glad to have a day or two without rain or snow. It isn’t even proper snow just the slushy stuff. It has also been so dark at times we have had to have the lights on in the house!

glenwilson

NRU Heed
Snow and more snow today!! So did a bit of painting and played some quick BF3 rounds.

Mrs found the model in a charity shop for £2.50 (normal price about £18) and the box had been opened but everything inside was untouched. Model is nearly finished but need to do some extra painting bits as the real aircraft has a few bits in different colours to what the model’s instructions say. Pretty pleased with the result.

Not played BF3 for ages and was surprised as to how slow it felt. There was a lot of instant kills that felt a bit iffy. Some of the DLC maps were quite nice especially the urban ones.

Attachments

glenwilson

NRU Heed
So wife says not doing anything for Valentines day are we. We agreed not to do anything. I will get some flowers she likes tomorrow ( must be the Scottish blood in me). So this morning she says, “Happy Valentines Day” and gives me this!! 💓

FEA0F0E5-1AC8-4C6A-9F72-01D43AAE8A21.jpeg

Reactions: Teofild and lakaelo

IceDiverTom

NRU Member
Website
www.btfz.de
In Battlevield V you actualy can drive it, on new jungle maps, cool to swim around with it...

Same here, agreement, but I fkn blamed her this time with a present ;-]

a comment to other blood, only german but funny:

• Haha
Reactions: We4re0ne

glenwilson

NRU Heed
It makes for a mean bloody mary. 24hours after I shredded the stuff the food processor, metal dishes etc still smell of the stuff. This would give wasabi a run for its money. We planted this a few years ago and previously only got a few useless strings but this time it was about a metre long. Need to get more vodka to infuse. Have also made horseradish sauce. On a 1 to 10 scale the needle is embedded in the red zone!!

glenwilson

NRU Heed
Because of EA being down I was forced to go back to sniffing some glue! Only done the road wheels so far - the top of the hull is just placed on as there the interior to do yet. After some shopping this morning where I could quite happily have gone postal because of all the other annoying people also shopping thought some BF therapy would have been good. Not to plan. So after getting ready 180 individual track pieces and sanding them, then painting the 180 ‘rubber’ pads that have to go on the tracks I thought I would build some track lengths. About as therapeutic as the mornings shopping! Don’t mind a challenge but that was really hard to get them aligned and glued. Did about 20 pieces and wondered if I could get metal ones which would be easier!

None available for this kit. 😩 Then wondered if the tracks and running gear were used on anything else. After a bit of a search these are based on Bradley M2 Infantry Fighting Vehicle. They both use the same tracks. 😀 Can you get tracks for the Bradley? Yep. Set ordered. The ones I used on the King Tiger look really good and these should too and they are much easier to make.

E4B0AB9F-464A-4E38-A267-C1A4C460EEB6.jpeg

Reactions: We4re0ne