Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Cuxhaven. Forgot to mention that :D
The city seems not to be really large, but as a short trip it was nice. We have been there 5 years ago for the first time and remembered many places.

Last edited:
Reactions: lakaelo
Out for lunch at a pub today. The beer was OK but the food wasn’t great at all despite getting loads of good reviews. In the other picture you have a situation room presumably for the ISIS bloke mission. I’m not ultra fussy about cabling but that spaghetti mess of ethernet cables just alarmed me. There is even one that is not connected at either end!!! What IT animal let that be photographed! I would be ashamed of that.

13FBA47C 514E 4342 89AA 99475D31E37D 54CAAE99 5478 423A 84CD 4F714A25A20E

Reactions: edgarsmelderis12
Spent most of today in a hospital. Mum was complaining of back and side pain. Phoned 111 for advice and next thing she is away in an ambulance. Had so many blood test (all of which showed nothing). Pain miraculously disappeared. Not saying she was acting but I kept hearing an Oscar being polished and Steven Speilsomething kept phoning asking if she was available for Jurassic Park 17. 😁

E21BF03D B3FD 4BA9 8F53 EAB661537120

• Wow
Reactions: Teofild and lakaelo
I know the above sounds heartless but when the doctor gives you that look and all of a sudden she is planning to go to painting class, followed by shopping and then a pub quiz you do question the genuineness of everything.

If i will have a dog, it will be something big to carry may bag with beers while we walk :D

• Haha
Reactions: We4re0ne
Nothing I can add to the above.

Yes, mum is after attention but it is falling on deaf ears at the moment. Wasting hospital time and money is a daft way of doing it.

Nothing I can add to the above.

Yes, mum is after attention but it is falling on deaf ears at the moment. Wasting hospital time and money is a daft way of doing it.

That means we don't have to be "angry" at this moment and try to understand that it was maybe the only chance to get You. Sorry Glen if i am wrong, just my thoughts

Found new wallpaper for my car audio

Attachments

• 1572548970074327789331415807451.jpg
    1572548970074327789331415807451.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: lakaelo
That means we don't have to be "angry" at this moment and try to understand that it was maybe the only chance to get You. Sorry Glen if i am wrong, just my thoughts

You may be right. It is just feeling a bit manipulative at the moment. I know the frustration of not being able to do simple stuff that you were used to doing - age is catching up for sure. Just little things like when she goes full method actor mode but you see the quick look to see if you are watching.

we have been trying to get things done to make things easier but there is always an argument against it. Even things like just moving a couple of things in the kitchen so they are easier to reach and save effort. It would be like working on something but instead of having tools near you leave them on the other side of the workshop.

You may be right. It is just feeling a bit manipulative at the moment. I know the frustration of not being able to do simple stuff that you were used to doing - age is catching up for sure. Just little things like when she goes full method actor mode but you see the quick look to see if you are watching.

we have been trying to get things done to make things easier but there is always an argument against it. Even things like just moving a couple of things in the kitchen so they are easier to reach and save effort. It would be like working on something but instead of having tools near you leave them on the other side of the workshop.

my sympathies Glen :) it´s very frustrating . have had the same with my mom before she past away.

Thanks. We are trying to do as much to help make things easier but any suggestion seems to be received with a negative response. Still, whilst she was out today got loads of little bits done but there are things that she needs to decide on and do. Was nice to have some quiet time today.

Good news is that there is a Eurotunnel offer and we will likely be visiting the mainland and buying all your beer, sausages, cheese and wine. 😁

Reactions: Teofild and lakaelo
Last few days have been doing stuff like getting Mum’s filling done. There is about 1000 pages to shred. That will be fun. Did bring a kit with me to glue together. They are a WW2 German tank repair crew which I will use when I have made the Tiger 2 that the tracks will be on..

Thursday will be the beer, cheese and sausage run across to Calais. 😁

6172EDCE 1BE2 4FC4 8241 703488881E8E

So more admin stuff for my mum today! First closing three savings accounts which took ages.

Then she wanted to get a walker/seat/trolley thingy. Surprising how heavy those things are (about 7kg). Also surprising how unhelpful store staff can be. I was asking about carbon fibre and titanium options and they just kind of looked 😶.

Really looking forward to going to France🇫🇷 on Thursday and home 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 On Sunday for a rest. Only really had one day out this time.

Users who are viewing this thread