Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: General_Misery
What do you do nice when you have a long weekend? Exactly, you upgrade your computer.
Two data graves, each with 3 terabytes, clone to new hard drives... It doesn't take long either...
Replace the "old" CPU called Ryzen 7 3800X with a Ryzen 7 5800X and the good "old" EVGA RTX 2070 super with an XFX Radeon Replace RX 6900 XT MERC319.
Clean everything once, after a year you have to do it again.

It's just stupid when you have all the components there, but I misplaced my motivation somewhere... 🤪

Attachments

• DSC_0016.JPG
    DSC_0016.JPG
    777.2 KB · Views: 11
Update...

System is running. After countless nervous breakdowns.

Did I clean everything up nicely?
Yes! 😊

Did I put everything together nicely?
But sure! 😁

Did I maybe forget to do the bios update so that the new Ryzen CPU works?
OF COURSE NOT! 🤮

Did I then have to take everything apart and put the old CPU in to get the update?
But sure! :mad:

But the main thing is that the pile of shit finally works and I can enjoy my weekend. 🤪

But I had forgotten all the RGB lighting, or I don't own it. I will definitely miss the 5 fps more in Fortnite. :cautious:

A little tip from me regarding CPU replacement at AMD...
First update the fucking bios!!!

Last edited:
Update...

System is running. After countless nervous breakdowns.

Did I clean everything up nicely?
Yes! 😊

Did I put everything together nicely?
But sure! 😁

Did I maybe forget to do the bios update so that the new Ryzen CPU works?
OF COURSE NOT! 🤮

Did I then have to take everything apart and put the old CPU in to get the update?
But sure! :mad:

But the main thing is that the pile of shit finally works and I can enjoy my weekend. 🤪

But I had forgotten all the RGB lighting, or I don't own it. I will definitely miss the 5 fps more in Fortnite. :cautious:

A little tip from me regarding CPU replacement at AMD...
First update the fucking bios!!!

Did the same thing when I upgraded my CPU (also Ryzen). Luckily, my MoBo has the ability to flash a new BIOS directly from a USB drive. Saved me from having a big problem because I didn’t have enough thermal paste left to switch back to the old CPU again.

Did the same thing when I upgraded my CPU (also Ryzen). Luckily, my MoBo has the ability to flash a new BIOS directly from a USB drive. Saved me from having a big problem because I didn’t have enough thermal paste left to switch back to the old CPU again.
There is no lack of thermal paste, I can't complain about that. Just didn't have a second computer at hand to create a USB stick for flashing. So back everything up, create a stick, update the bios and rebuild it again. Otherwise you don't treat yourself. 🤪

Users who are viewing this thread