Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
I am pretty sure understanding how this works is harder than understanding quantum physics. Have to give it a clean and service before it gets used as it must be about 25 years since the Mrs used it.

View attachment 18416
its an automatic yarn knitting machine? i dont know propper word, i saw rhat once, at m auts, never worked on one though :/

Reactions: glenwilson
It is. Wife has had it for about 45 years. Weighs about 20kg. Needs a vacuum and some oil but seems OK otherwise. She seems to be having a thing with old tech at the moment, first the typewriter and now this! :)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: dcyper and Riot_co
Wow, you dont see those that often anymore, my mum used to have one and could knock up a jumper in no time. Setting it up was something else. She let me have a go (just sliding the thing up and down). We used to call it
the Christmas jumper machine :giggle:. Isn't there supposed to be a handle on top of the slider ?

There is a handle in there. There are also other metal bits that attach somewhere. You can still get machines and they are not that different to this. Was going to say they don't use punchcards but they do! What looks like a very similar machine to this one at Hobbycraft is about £760 😳

FCA308D9 45DB 4125 97AA 918E1A6AFC99

• Wow
Reactions: Riot_co
The punchcards :giggle:, mum had a drawer full of them, most were never used. The machine was always out of bounds for us kids due to being very delicate and expensive to repair. I was fascinated with it and remember playing with
some of the old needle hooks like a lobster claw. True mechanical engineering with little to no electronics 🦕s rule :p

I Like Swimsuit GIF by MOODMAN

Users who are viewing this thread