Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Yes. We did, it s been a while now, but good memories.
I think we could not stay there with four in one room (with our 2 small children...), so we had to search for a bigger hotel with family rooms.
Yes, the rooms are quite, er, functional. Surprised more don't do it.

Reactions: dcyper
My 94 year old Mum is afraid of him and thus I tell her ”watch your back, he’s merciless and his fangs and claws are diabolical” 😁
She takes it with good humour but if I e.g. forget to bring her bananas it’s a different story…😬

So, the Mrs was on a mission today. She has been into colouring and already has quite a collection of coloured pens and pencils but today she got another 200(ish) some of which is in the photo. Which is fine. I do not have an issue with that at all.

BB3141E1 45EB 437D BD83 6CC17D106B02

In fact it is absolutely brilliant as when she mentions the paints for my kits I can just point to that lot! 🤣

It also seemed a good time to let her know that I might just have bought a "few" kits from a shop that was doing a clearance sale. 😁

Spent a couple of days hiking and camping in the Cairngorms. Fantastic weather, can't wait to go back and do it again.

Attachments

• Cairngorms 10.jpg
    Cairngorms 10.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 9
  • Cairngorms 9.jpg
    Cairngorms 9.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
  • Cairngorms 8.jpg
    Cairngorms 8.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 9
  • Cairngorms 7.jpg
    Cairngorms 7.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
  • Cairngorms 6.jpg
    Cairngorms 6.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • Cairngorms 5.jpg
    Cairngorms 5.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • Cairngorms 4.jpg
    Cairngorms 4.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • Cairngorms 3.jpg
    Cairngorms 3.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 9
  • Cairngorms 2.jpg
    Cairngorms 2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • Cairngorms 1.jpg
    Cairngorms 1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9
Great views. Is that laka's shed? So jealous - would love to do that sort of thing. Just need some new knees! :D
It was essentially just a wooden garden shed with stones piled up to support/insulate it.
Also I may need a new toe after this trip. I took off my boots to cross a river and banged it on a rock. It was too numb with the cold to feel it at the time, but after walking downhill for the next 4 hours I was definitely feeling it. When I eventually took off my boots and socks, it was looking a bit purple and swollen.
I'll spare you that photo... Unless anyone wants to see that kind of thing. 🤢

It was essentially just a wooden garden shed with stones piled up to support/insulate it.
Also I may need a new toe after this trip. I took off my boots to cross a river and banged it on a rock. It was too numb with the cold to feel it at the time, but after walking downhill for the next 4 hours I was definitely feeling it. When I eventually took off my boots and socks, it was looking a bit purple and swollen.
I'll spare you that photo... Unless anyone wants to see that kind of thing. 🤢

Better go see a doctor about that, sounds like it’s broken.

These pictures look absolutely beautiful. I am jealous!

So yesterday was another shopping(me driving wife was shopping) trip to buy even more colouring pens. I think it is like a that poke amon go thing* in that she is driven to get them all! So whilst she was on her mission I just nipped in to the shop to get some veg. I got some flowers for her too. She was convinced that it was because I had bought something and was feeling guilty. It wasn't. I told her about the kits that were coming today. There is also a lock for the gate that is coming today. She might not know about the pies that are coming today! I ordered some vegetarian pies for her but did get some Holy Fuck sauce pies for me. 😁

D232601D A2A6 4C77 9199 C929FF5BB18B
EC869B36 2781 4A0D BBD0 7FF213115456

Better go see a doctor about that, sounds like it’s broken.

These pictures look absolutely beautiful. I am jealous!
Thanks for the concern but the swelling and bruising have gone down a lot so I reckon I'm on the mend.
Besides, I already poured some beer on it and rubbed some dirt on it so it'll be fine.

So yesterday was another shopping(me driving wife was shopping) trip to buy even more colouring pens. I think it is like a that poke amon go thing* in that she is driven to get them all! So whilst she was on her mission I just nipped in to the shop to get some veg. I got some flowers for her too. She was convinced that it was because I had bought something and was feeling guilty. It wasn't. I told her about the kits that were coming today. There is also a lock for the gate that is coming today. She might not know about the pies that are coming today! I ordered some vegetarian pies for her but did get some Holy Fuck sauce pies for me. 😁

View attachment 17527
View attachment 17528
you need more flowers lol

Son and girlfriend now in Glen’s kingdom - they have wonderful weather and truly enjoys their stay:

View attachment 17531
It is sunny at the moment just down the road from there. Says it is 10°C but feels more like 0°C with the really biting cold wind.

First for this year. Have some chilies that have just sprouted so maybe get some off those.

62690199 DE1D 4EEE 826F AFB9072385EB

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread