Todays View

glenwilson

NRU Heed
That is so true. So often it is the one tool, often a simple one, that you need that stops a project, repair, or build in its tracks. Also knowing where they are makes a huge difference. This year has been one of organising tools for me.

Picture below is from yesterday. This morning can hardley see over the hedge it is raining that much.

924B3696-34D6-4258-8320-886ED33FBFD1.jpeg

glenwilson

NRU Heed
Whilst sorting out a cupboard found this bottle of whisky 🥃 Is quite rare. Cost about £50 new but is going up in price. Last auction for a bottle from the same cask was about £370. Tank is coming along. Getting used to the airbrush now.

Attachments

glenwilson

NRU Heed
Thanks. YouTube has been a great help. Really pleased with the result so far. A lot of weathering was using pastel sticks as dust on the tracks and around the exhaust - about £2.50 for a box. The worst bits are the tracks as you have to glue the 100+ bits together and then before they set too much bend them into shape - one is a bit square at the front as in the pic below. Airbrushing isn’t too bad - just need to practice (funny as I will be passing the model shop tomorrow. 🤔🤫) Really enjoyed the build too.

97E5E3FB-9C92-42F2-B4EF-A6B94AAEC264.jpeg

glenwilson

NRU Heed
Thank you. The weathering is the hard part and knowing when to stop. In this case I stopped before I screw it up completely 😀

Just need to tone down the numbers a bit (should have put them on earlier).

glenwilson

NRU Heed
Well todays was mainly looking at a vacuum and cleaning stuff - Friday is mainly housework (we do clean on other days too). After that I needed a distraction as I have so many bits hurting at the moment and was rattling with the number of tablets thought I would look at the Corgi Aston Martin. Drilled out the rivet and took it apart. Most of the parts seem fine with nothing broken. Thee was a lot of crud inside which is expected for something about 55 years old. The only things need replacing are the tyres as they literally just crumbled away. Replacements are £1.25 for the 4 so they have been ordered. The paint work is quite shabby on the body so I will strip that back, prime it and do it in a metallic gold (same Alclad paint as theh Dakota) which needs a black base coat. As I was going to strip back the body I also sanded of an ugly mould seam aon the wings. The window piece is dirty and a little bit scuffed but should polish up just fine.

Boxed, pristine versions are worth a lot but as it wasn’t in a decent condition like that I would rather repaint and have something that Iz can display as it was her toy.

7883879E-E565-4DCC-BBEA-1059CC614805.jpeg