Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Geschlechtskrankheit is one but it stands for all (sexually transmitted diseases) :sick:

Sunny but only 12°C here.Some garage sorting got done. Have separate boxes of USB, video, audio cables, network devices and computer bits plus other rubbish. Have sorted them before but have really been ruthless this time getting rid of SCART leads, dozens of USB power cables, power supplies and so on. What excitement! 😊

View attachment 12244
Dang even an old Ipod Classic, some sweeeeeet old electronics sir

Dang even an old Ipod Classic, some sweeeeeet old electronics sir
They are dead. The HDD on the iPod is buggered. Have been looking at options as you can convert it to use an mSATA SSD. A 1 TB SSD is about £120, plus the adapter which is another £35 and may as well do the battery which would be another £10. So even with a smaller SSD still looking at about £100.

Prefer to have something like that when travelling as relying on streaming is not always practical.

Reactions: General_Misery
yeah totally worth changing the HDD and if busy then swap the battery. SSD is running way more power efficient then a HDD so battery life is way more.
Been looking into buying a 2nd hand old Ipod to swap those parts just for fun (electronics nerd here) <3

yeah totally worth changing the HDD and if busy then swap the battery. SSD is running way more power efficient then a HDD so battery life is way more.
Been looking into buying a 2nd hand old Ipod to swap those parts just for fun (electronics nerd here) <3

Really would like to do it but have other things that I can spend the money on at the moment. 😕

They are dead. The HDD on the iPod is buggered. Have been looking at options as you can convert it to use an mSATA SSD. A 1 TB SSD is about £120, plus the adapter which is another £35 and may as well do the battery which would be another £10. So even with a smaller SSD still looking at about £100.

Prefer to have something like that when travelling as relying on streaming is not always practical.
Me too, I bought two iPods (Classic with 160 gb) when Apple announced to pull the plug - one still unopened :joyful:

Reactions: The_Hellr1der

Users who are viewing this thread