Time To Show Off My Virtual Penis!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nice! Should be good for bitcoin mining too.

I have a (smaller) Fractal case. Really like it - plain but functional like me :)

What OS are you installing? Windows 3.1.2 or GEM?

Makes my box look positively ancient now.

Nice! Should be good for bitcoin mining too.

I have a (smaller) Fractal case. Really like it - plain but functional like me :)

What OS are you installing? Windows 3.1.2 or GEM?

Makes my box look positively ancient now.
This setup isn't gonna be for bitcoin mining, but productivity and gaming. And for OS i will install Arch Linux + Windows 10. I have been using Arch Linux as my main Linux distro for quite a while now. It's definitely one of my favorites thanks to the great flexibility and simplicity. Windows 10 i will install purely for gaming. Of course i was also thinking about getting one of those hard drives i have, and creating a Hackintosh, since it's basically way better for video editing and such (atleast what i have heard. Haven't actually tried it out myself. If you have any knowledge of this OS, please tell me if its actually any good for editing.) The fractal Design R6 should be an amazing case to build into. I'm a huge fan of Fractal & Phanteks cases. Of course i would love to have any Caselabs or Lian li case like any nerd who has any dreams of modding computers. (or building 2 pc:s in one case :D ) Cooling for that pc will be given by Noctua. I chose noctua since it has always been my go-to brand for any air cooling supplies. Yeah... I happened to forget to get a Power supply with those components so now one of those is coming too.

I use a 2012 mac mini for video editing using Movie or Final Cut depending on what it is I am doing. Initially Final Cut looks quite expensive but I would rather buy something than have to go the subscription route with Adobe products. I tried Premiere but found it too complex for what I wanted. There are loads of plug-ins for Final Cut for things like adjusting GoPro video to 16:9 that are inexpensive.

I upgraded the Mac Mini to SSD and increased the RAM too. Whilst not the speediest machine it is quite compact and with the I7 version video editing and rendering isn’t too bad though a new iMac Pro would be nice but way out of any budget I would have without losing an organ or two. I also use the Mini as a streaming device for video and movies.

MacOS for someone who had been exclusively a Windows and GEM (yes had to use that machine because they wouldn’t pay for a new software license) wasn’t that easy. If you have used Linux it may be more obvious. I have used Linux before but I had to buy a how to book for MacOS to discover even simple stuff.

“It just works.” Hahahahahahahahahahahahaaha <deep breath> hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

I use Widows/Lightroom/Photoshop (not subscription- oldish versions) for photo editing as that does all I need. Don’t need to edit much apart from some tonal tweaking, stitching, and cropping.

I have been using a Corsair water cooler and that has been fine but nowadays I would go air cooling as that would be cheaper and just as effective.

Be interesting to see what performance you get from that kit. I need to start planning some upgrades....

I use a 2012 mac mini for video editing using Movie or Final Cut depending on what it is I am doing. Initially Final Cut looks quite expensive but I would rather buy something than have to go the subscription route with Adobe products. I tried Premiere but found it too complex for what I wanted. There are loads of plug-ins for Final Cut for things like adjusting GoPro video to 16:9 that are inexpensive.

I upgraded the Mac Mini to SSD and increased the RAM too. Whilst not the speediest machine it is quite compact and with the I7 version video editing and rendering isn’t too bad though a new iMac Pro would be nice but way out of any budget I would have without losing an organ or two. I also use the Mini as a streaming device for video and movies.

MacOS for someone who had been exclusively a Windows and GEM (yes had to use that machine because they wouldn’t pay for a new software license) wasn’t that easy. If you have used Linux it may be more obvious. I have used Linux before but I had to buy a how to book for MacOS to discover even simple stuff.

“It just works.” Hahahahahahahahahahahahaaha <deep breath> hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

I use Widows/Lightroom/Photoshop (not subscription- oldish versions) for photo editing as that does all I need. Don’t need to edit much apart from some tonal tweaking, stitching, and cropping.

I have been using a Corsair water cooler and that has been fine but nowadays I would go air cooling as that would be cheaper and just as effective.

Be interesting to see what performance you get from that kit. I need to start planning some upgrades....

The performance upgrades will be massive since i'm gonna try to overclock my cpu. Will see what scores i gan get though :D

Reactions: glenwilson
Have to admit that when I have tried overclocking it has proved to be less than reliable for the performance gains. I suspect that it more to do with the hardware I had than the overclock itself.

:eek: My GTX670 is nearly 4 years old (as are the rest of the components) so I suspect that even a modest new graphics card would show a significant improvement in frame rate. As BF4 and BF1 are very playable I’m reluctant to start upgrading individual bits at the moment and would rather go for new motherboard upwards. Really out of touch as to what the current generation of kit is and can do.

Have to admit that when I have tried overclocking it has proved to be less than reliable for the performance gains. I suspect that it more to do with the hardware I had than the overclock itself.

:eek: My GTX670 is nearly 4 years old (as are the rest of the components) so I suspect that even a modest new graphics card would show a significant improvement in frame rate. As BF4 and BF1 are very playable I’m reluctant to start upgrading individual bits at the moment and would rather go for new motherboard upwards. Really out of touch as to what the current generation of kit is and can do.
If you go for a newer Z370 chipset motherboards, you have to upgrade your CPU and RAM (since Z370 doesn't support old DDR3 ram sticks anymore.). I would upgrade the CPU just for the sake of upgrading if you do any sort of productivity work with your computer

If you go for a newer Z370 chipset motherboards, you have to upgrade your CPU and RAM (since Z370 doesn't support old DDR3 ram sticks anymore.). I would upgrade the CPU just for the sake of upgrading if you do any sort of productivity work with your computer

What do you suggest for £100? :D When it breaks I will upgrade but at the moment I can live with it and just envy yours. :)

Users who are viewing this thread