The language nanny

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Witcheri

Witcheri

Lock-On Hater
Friend of the NRU
21 Jun 2017
Finland
Way too strict fellas. way too fucking strict. First of all. Since language nanny has no idea of context im telling you right now that all words depicting your sexuality should not be in that list. And of course there are few regular things like "piss off" that i use a lot in context of actually making someone mad. You fellas seriously gotta reconsider using that language nanny with such strict settings.

Just to add i wish there was an AI that could recognize phrases so words could be used but not banned for if they were used in proper context..

Also i might be drunk.

Ugh yeah... it's actually quite bad... just consider this someone comes to the server and wants to come out of the closet... says: "I'm gay" ... boom ...banned.

• Haha
Reactions: lakaelo
or just " I need to piss "
"I'm a moron"
"Hi wankerinos"

• Haha
Carpet used to get a warning too. Guess that was something to do with carpet munching.

Context is important but hard to code for. Whilst there are innocent uses for some words like gay more often than not it is used in an abusive way. I fully understand that being <cough> slightly older that I probably don’t use sweary words in the same way as the yoofs do. The n word maybe perfectly acceptable in some circumstances by a narrow range of people but outside of that it is universally accepted that it shouldn’t be used.

Im not sure but I dont think the server does anymore than just warn. I was warned for typing "wher u learn to drive" :giggle: I think the banning is done by individual admin so leave it as it is and keep them on their toes knowing
that there is a limit (y)

Im not sure but I dont think the server does anymore than just warn. I was warned for typing "wher u learn to drive" :giggle: I think the banning is done by individual admin so leave it as it is and keep them on their toes knowing
that there is a limit (y)
just for the records...the current settings for the last months is, 4 warnings, 2 kills, 1 kick and after that you got a 30 min ban and after that a 45 min ban. so its really hard to get a ban from our language nanny. beside of that some of us admins already clear the nanny for this player when we see the warnings ingame.

How to clear ? Can i clear myself ? :D

I often use !mute if someone is trying to cross the Line and it seems to calm down many of speakers

Often see people genuinely say something in fun and get a warning so will do a reset. For somethings though I just press…

A51E6835 6073 4254 83F6 AAC21F777D6F

Users who are viewing this thread