The First Video-game You've Ever Played?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
AndrejBosnaBVB

AndrejBosnaBVB

NRU Member
10 Dec 2016
Bosnia & Herzegovina
www.youtube.com
Since I'm probably the youngest full-member (Or maybe not?) I want to see what did you guys play as kids?
In my case, my first ever game I've played was hmm well I remember I had Gameboy with tetris lol then I moved to Nintendo 64 & Super Mario <3 After all of that and PS2 I bought a Nintendo DS but used it like 2 Months until I discovered PC haha

Reactions: Mr.X
Space Invaders in the pub! When you had to pay to play. Then a game called bomber on the ZX81 which ruined the X key.

nearly the same here. i must be around 11-12 and we had a little bistro on the way to school where they had a donkey kong automat.

File:Donkey Kong arcade.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

also this things called "flipper" ( pinball ) here in germany.
http://www.flipperking.de/media/Flipper/Rolling Stones game.jpg

after that it started with c64 of a friend of mine, followed by atari 1024st i got but always wanted to get a amiga lol
guess "next generation" was a sega mega drive, than PS1, followed by a PC

Reactions: Mr.X and MrGumbyBel
Frogger on Commodore Vic-20, I was 6 years old ^^
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: glenwilson
The ZX81 wasn't too bad and was quite cheap for the time. The first vid below shows the device, the second the bomber game and I used to play it on the Sinclair TV with 50mm screen. Isobel never liked video games but did like Exploding Fist 2 on the C64. Generally she was all "computer games are stupid" but now has nearly all the Final Fantasy games on SNES, Game Boy, PSP, PS1/2/3/4.

One project I have in mind is to build a Raspberry PI retro gaming machine. Even the original PI I have should be capable.

Reactions: AndrejBosnaBVB
also this things called "flipper" ( pinball ) here in germany.
http://www.flipperking.de/media/Flipper/Rolling Stones game.jpg

after that it started with c64 of a friend of mine, followed by atari 1024st i got but always wanted to get a amiga lol
guess "next generation" was a sega mega drive, than PS1, followed by a PC

ah, I did Vic-20 -> C64 -> Amiga 500, it was so cool.
And I play so many hours some pinballs : Adams Family, Indiana Jones & Terminator 2 were my 3 favorites :)

I never took the step to the Amiga because I got married!! We did have pinball machines but I never got a chance to play - my dad was always playing them. :)

Though nice graphics help, looking back at what doom originally looked like shows they are not everything and why gameplay is still more important. I doubt BF2 would have stayed around so long if people didn't enjoy playing it despite BF3.

Think it was on my first C-64. Test Drive or Summer Games. Then I had a Amiga, I still have. And then a Nintendo S-Nes were we played nearly all the Time Super Mario Kart, loved that!

OH.
UNREAL TOURNAMENT 99.
Also Half-life, NFS 2, Age of Empires, Dune, Total Annihilation, Infestation (underrated game by ubisoft), Worms...
These games made me so happy, that my grades went down xD

This was the great grandaddy of computer games, this is where it all started. I remember thinking, how does it know where the ball is ? and everybody wanted one.

Reactions: Mr.X
oh yes, forgot pong but honestly, i wasn´t so amazed from that. can´t remember right but a friend of mine had such thing. i must be 9-12 but this was not really exiting :D

Test Drive or Summer Games.
OHHHH summer games. you were strocking the joystick like.....:whistle::D

do you remember ugh olympic???

WTF lol i just search about ugh olympic at youtube and nearly pissed myself. full gameplay video lmao
with women throwing and fire making. lol brilliant

Attachments

• Joystick_Competition_PRO.JPG
    Joystick_Competition_PRO.JPG
    173.5 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Mr.X and glenwilson
Though some of those games were very simple they were fun to play. It is the same for some of the more casual games on iPad and phones. Easy to play but gradually get harder as you progress.

Just watched that Ugh-Lympics video, very funny :)
Remembered, a friend had a C64 with Datasette. Lmao you had to wait 15-20 minutes until the game was loaded. And then it was only a little part of the game. :ROFLMAO:
And first game was not C64, it was one of this hand tablets from the 80s with a car game on. (Some moving dots what should be cars :D )

Last edited:
Do you guys remember "Shockmachine" by Shockwave? That library of flash, where you had games and toons (South Park, Radiskull) n' stuff?

Lmao you had to wait 15-20 minutes until the game was loaded.
yes, and till it fully loaded you always asked yourself if its still loading or if it fucked off lol
Do you guys remember "Shockmachine" by Shockwave? That library of flash, where you had games and toons (South Park, Radiskull) n' stuff?
nope. or cant remember lol

Very fun reading...

My first was a PC game called Leisure Suit Larry in 1987:
:LOL:

haha boy a good question XD well im kinda mid aged for the Clan so my first game ever was

owwww yahhhh!!!

Users who are viewing this thread